Reviews for The Beating Heart: A collection of Poems
Bobbi chapter 22 . 7/4/2006
I know just what you mean by this! It is that warm, safe feeling when you are in the arms of the one you love. When he is careing and loving and all he has to do is be there and you are home. The only thing i would have liked more from this peom would be some warmer words. But that is just me. ;)
McQuinn chapter 21 . 7/4/2006
I...didn't really enjoy this. It didn't read very fluently - and I dislike the repetition of "it would." Variety is in order. More descriptions as well. More mysteriousness, too.

But, nonetheless, I'm looking forward to reading more of your work.
Bobbi chapter 20 . 7/4/2006
I liked this one. If more people read this i think they would be able to get through the day a little ... easier. Instead of analizing what frustration we may have, it is better to just let it go and not think of it any more so that it doesn't grow and grow. Terrible things have happened to people who hold in their anger when, if they would have just let it go, nothing would have ever happened to indanger others. I like this: looking inward for your answers instead of suppressing it and making matters worse.
Teddy Bear chapter 19 . 7/4/2006
Very nice, Sweet pea. lots of imagery and the rhyming is actually ok, cause i usually don't like rhyming poems.
La Gitane chapter 18 . 7/4/2006
La GitaneLovely concept, and very pretty. Goodness knows we all feel like that sometimes! It was nicely written, but I'd query the line where you compare the clouds to pillows - only because it's a bit of a worn cliche, and its fun thinking of new ones!Lovely poem though!
samecool11 chapter 17 . 7/4/2006
Well, now I'm all sappy. This is just another one of the millions of reasons why I love you.
Princess-anna57 chapter 16 . 7/4/2006
Aww.. I can completely relate to this! Great poem, well written, you've expressed your feelings clearly. Keep writing!

Anna
GeGee chapter 15 . 7/4/2006
Jules: I can taste the cookie almost. go a little deeper and write the sensation of the icing and the crunchyness of the cookie or the difference of the two.

GeGee
soul emotion chapter 13 . 7/4/2006
a nice romantic piece. you express your feelings well 0)
Faith818 chapter 14 . 7/4/2006
Wow, it seemed kind of silly at first, but it really is a great metaphor for life... I mean, you spend so much time wanting something, then you get it and find it's not what you wanted at all- or perhaps the joy (for the pen) of being used, and written with, will be so great that in the end when it dies, it will die satisfied...
Faith818 chapter 12 . 7/4/2006
Ooh... very romantic. :)
WandererofHope chapter 11 . 7/4/2006
An angel certainly left a blessing upon you.
BBBBBBLLLLLLTTTTTT chapter 9 . 7/4/2006
interesting...it captures the feeling...
dragonelemental chapter 7 . 7/4/2006
another cool poem. I have a pretty free reign in the choices i make but i have loads of friends in the same circumstances... maybe you could just ask your friends to back off a bit. Great poem.
kyle jordan chapter 6 . 7/4/2006
pie,must have pie must...oh good poem.
109 | « Prev Page 1 .. 4 5 6 7 8 Next »