Reviews for Midnight Stranger
Totally Raven chapter 3 . 8/3/2006
Definetely one of your best chapters yet. I really am beginning to love this story - still wish I knew the kids real name. Oh well.

But I just laughed when I read the line: "Nothing wrong with good old paganistic necromancy" Hehe.

Stranger reminds me of someone, but I don't know who. Did you base him on anyone?
Aldo chapter 3 . 8/3/2006
I really like this story. Please continue.
ShadowGal chapter 3 . 8/3/2006
You know, I'm absolutely certain that I both read and utterly enjoyed the first two chapters, but it seems as though I didn't actually -review- them. I apologize for that a thousand times-not sure what happened. I figure I was probably in a hurry between class and work, and it was either read while I had time, but not review... or not read AND not review. *shrugs*

Well. Suffice to say, I really liked the first two chapters, and now I shall do a proper(-ish) review of -this- chapter.

To begin with... Oh, Richard, don't get too confident. You're going to jinx yourself!

Favorite line this chapter: ""Nothing wrong with good old paganistic necromancy," he baited instead." *giggles* Just great. Infinite love for it.

Richard amuses me to no end, though. He's reminds me of this uber-jerk, yet incredibly charming waiter I had at a restaurant once. I knew that logically I should probably dislike him, but I just couldn't, 'cause he was -great-!

Anyways. I really enjoyed this chapter, as I did the others, and I'm looking forward to the next update!
Abstruse Blue chapter 2 . 7/22/2006
That was absolutely awesome! I love this story already and its only two chapters! hehe Their witty banter was so amusing. I'm curious as to whether Richard's midnight stranger will return once again and perhaps even give him a name. Excellent as usual, sporkess!
multiples of six chapter 2 . 7/21/2006
Haha.. that boy amuses me. "Let's shoot the gun and see what it does." xD please update soon!
Dart Gray chapter 2 . 7/21/2006
Richard is a Rochester with a (Captain) Jack Sparrow Depp characters in one, eh? Pretty hot.

Anyway, The Highwayman by Noyes is my favorite poem. Awesome.
Totally Raven chapter 2 . 7/21/2006
Okay, I'm just a little confused about where this is going ... are they going to meet everytime out on the road at night, or is Richard going to visit him in the inn or...?

Oh well, doesn't really matter, because, again, you have created a tantalising cast of characters. I'm simply bound!
Ril chapter 2 . 7/21/2006
Have I told you I adore you? Because I do, I really do. Are your stories like fine wines that get better with age? I thought the second chapter was splendid, absolutely. The boy seemed much more in character to me then he did in the first chapter, perhaps because he was less ranty to a stranger xD But yes, he does seem rather odd. but I think I already love both of them. *attempts to not blather on like a rabid fangirl*

""Are you sure you're ready to get blood on your hands?"

"Of course I'm not," the stranger said scornfully. "That's why I'm wearing gloves""

The love for that line. And also the one about illegal things are fun but that one was just a laugh out loud moment.
Ril chapter 1 . 7/8/2006
Loved the ending of this and I already want to read more! It's a bittersweet ending indeed. My only issue was that the lad spilled his guts so readily to a complete stranger. Most people don't do that, especially to a person who has held him at gunpoint and he's met merely minutes before. But, that might just be me. Otherwise, fantastic as usual!

"And you're not pointing a gun at me anymore."

"My arm was getting tired,"

*grins* That was my favorite line out of a few memorable ones.
multiples of six chapter 1 . 7/7/2006
Hehe.. I'm liking this Richard. Please update soon )
Totally Raven chapter 1 . 7/7/2006
Hee. I loved it. Already I think it's gonna be a great story. Richard is funny - I like him. But I wish I knew the youth's name ... he seems very angry. I wanna see what he's like in the next chapter.
Some random reviewer chapter 1 . 7/6/2006
Story is great so far!I actually expected Richard to like rape him or something because well... I Im glad he didnt!
Abstruse Blue chapter 1 . 7/6/2006
Yay, another period story! *bows down to you* And I love Regency! Makes me happy and its only the first chapter. I very much like the character of these two, very amusing. Which means you'll see more reviews from me, because I am thoroughly looking forward to reading further chapters! Awesome start *nods*
73 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5