Reviews for The Inner Man
Revamp chapter 45 . 12/17/2013
The paranormal activities are already starting up as this chapter begins with an ominous overall tone to it. The ghost story is interesting about a teacher beig pranked to death by her class. The whole scenario is eerie and haunting. This chapter provided a nice little mystery and ended on a light-hearted note. Great job!
Revamp chapter 44 . 12/17/2013
Another ghost story? Oh yay! I actually love ghost stories and your last ghost story chapter was great! I can see the build up with Kazuo's stories of ghosts. This chapter focuses more on Chiko's classmates, which it's nice to see them make an appearance after not being involved for so long. It'll be fun to see what happens in this exciting ghost hunt.
Revamp chapter 43 . 12/17/2013
There's a nice addition to Mashiro and Rachel's past together and their fight, the moment that all of this had been building up to finally happened. I love how Mashiro was fighting against his inner demons, just as Chiko and Kohana fight their inner selves, carrying out the theme of Inner Man perfectly. Poor Mashiro, having to kill the woman he loved. Through a moment of sorrow, the two halves of Mashiro have joined. An emotional moment for Mashiro as well as closure for his character. I loved this chapter. It's probably one of my favorites.
Revamp chapter 42 . 12/17/2013
It's interesting and unique that as a magical girl, Chiko is using his powers in such a way and on people versus creatures like the usual magical girl anime/manga. Chiko and Mashiro have finally been reunited. This chapter ended on quite a nice note.
Revamp chapter 41 . 12/17/2013
This starts off with Chiko getting a fairly big action scene. The rush of feelings you describe from Chiko's first kill are realistic and plausible. In that aspect, I think Chiko is finding himself relating to Mashiro at least on a distant level.
Revamp chapter 40 . 12/17/2013
Finally there is depth and explanation behind Mashiro and Rachel and their relationship as well as Mashiro's development emotionally. It also sheds some light on Rachel's character, too.

It's cool that the transformations each have different names to suit both personalities. I think the black dress definitely fits Chiko. I hope that they can find Mashiro before he dies. It's now a race against time.
Revamp chapter 39 . 12/17/2013
I love the car chase scene but I'm sort of a fan of car chase scenes in general whether they are written or watched on television. The whole chase scene was action-packed and full of interesting turnabouts and driving tracks, so to speak.

Mashiro's fight scene afterwards kept the chapter going at a nice rate. Sakura's prediction seemed to be a nice play on foreshadowing the events to come. It seems the tables have turned and it's now up to Chiko to save Mashiro.

I knew Mashiro and Rachel had a past together of some kind. I thought they were either friends or lovers.
Revamp chapter 38 . 12/17/2013
There's a lot of nice action in this chapter, especially from Mashiro. I was wondering what the deal was with the masks as well.
Revamp chapter 37 . 11/14/2013
It seems Chiko is continuing to block out everything and revert back to his old life as a result of his mental trauma and constant stress of having one bad thing after another happen to him. Another tense situation and Chiko comes in at the last minute and decides to kick some butt once more to get Mashiro out of a deadly situation. It was actually a pretty gret tactic. I'm glad that Chiko was able to come to a resolve and not look back, only forward to accelerate in his new life one step at a time and slowly adjust to what he now has become. Kohana has helped him cope and come to terms with what and who he is a little more. It's nice to see the two personalities having that moment of helping each other. I can tell that things are leading up to the main event and the story will get better from here on out. That preview also looks really promising as well. Wonderful job!
Revamp chapter 36 . 11/14/2013
Poor Chiko. he probably feels completely helpless and hopeless since the only thing he's been fighting for has been vicsiously ripped away from him. I like how you show the emotions of Kohana as well as Chiko, going through all of her changes, trials and tribulations as well. It's nice to get both sides of the story with both personalities learnig to share a body with each other. They both deal with the situation in very different ways.

Man, Chiko's luck is running on the bad streak. I'm glad he's alright, though. You did a great job on mounting the tension and holding a sense of suspense on his condition. I also love how Kohana is exploring the inner confines of Chiko's mind. This chapter was emotional, symbolic and full of revelation and mystery. Great job!
Revamp chapter 35 . 11/14/2013
So, that was Chiko's mother. That had to be hard to face her knowing she thought he was dead. That must have been emotionall racking, on top of all of the other things that he's faced off against in the prior chapters. The doctor certainly shocked them by transporting them into his lab. Who took the bodies and why? What did they have to gain from comitting such a crime? What are they tryong to accomplish by stealing them? So, now Mashiro has been monitored but who is Shinzaburo and what are his connections to Mashiro?
Revamp chapter 34 . 11/14/2013
This chapter started off fairly happy, but with Chiko throwing a fit. I wonder why the scarred man won't go to Tokyo. Chiko continues to try to get a hold on Kohana. This chapter was pretty easy going and it was a pleasent read and a break from so much action. I do wonder who Chiko saw, however.
Revamp chapter 33 . 11/14/2013
The action kicks off this chapter in high gear. Mashiro is definitely impressive through the first part of this chapter. I'm glad that the two of them got out and in a pretty cool way to boot. I still wonder who the mystery scarred man is and what his purpose in all of this is.

It looks like the syndicates are upping the ante. Now they mean business and they are out for blood, more than ever before. I wonder what struggles lie ahead for our main cast.
Revamp chapter 32 . 11/14/2013
Now I'm curious as to what's up with Mr. Autumn. What's his goal? What's his involvement? Why does he want Chiko? You're buiding that tense atmosphere again.

I'm glad that Mashiro is finally getting away and was about to go about his rescue. I hope he can pull it off because they aren't out of this yet.
Revamp chapter 31 . 11/14/2013
This started off as an interesting chapter with Chiko being shot and abducted. Kitsune and Shisa's gunfight was great! It's nice to see a fight scene out of the scarred man too, since it's been a while. He actually proved to be quite the opponent. I thought he was going to win for a while, but I'm glad Mashiro was alright.

Wait...Mr. Autumn is alive? I didn't see that coming.
93 | Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »