Reviews for The Inner Man
Revamp chapter 20 . 11/4/2013
Chiko and Mashiro's bond is definitely deteriorating. Mashiro is going through a lot of mental stress over what happened between he and Chiko and Chiko is putting up with being reminded of what happened to him in his original body and the fact that Mashiro is someone who would take a life so coldly. I do like the scene where Chiko is beating up those boys, and how emotional things have gotten. There is a nice sense of realism about how Chiko and Mashiro don't have the perfect relationship. I'm really immersed in these recent chapters.
Revamp chapter 19 . 11/4/2013
I finally made it to the interlude. I like your detailed descriptions and commentary about your chapters and characters. It was very informative.
Revamp chapter 18 . 11/4/2013
This chapter was pumped up with action and lost of Mashiro-centric information. His fight scenes were great as always and the suspense had me on the edge of my seat.

Chiko learning about his darker side and being forced to see who he really was brought a certain sorrow about this turn of events. Back in the beginning of this story, I never would have pegged him as an assassin as much as I would a government agent like a spy of sorts. The whole scene with death was intense and so was Chiko's emotional plights over the Crimson Angel. Chiko's certainly put through a lot.
Revamp chapter 17 . 11/4/2013
I love the fight between Bear and Mashiro, and I have to say that I'm pretty shocked at Mashiro's cathrisis. I never would have guessed that he was such a cold and calculating character.

It was nice to see Chiko kicking butt for a little while. I actually really enjoyed seeing the coming about and development of Mashiro's darker personality. This makes me appreciate his character even more, especially with all of this recent depth.
Revamp chapter 16 . 11/4/2013
Now comes the fated meeting. It is all but happy, though. I wonder what exactly the backstory behind them is. Now it seems that Rachel's men have captures Chiko (possibly) and threw Mashiro into the midst of chaos. Mashiro seems to have some skeletons in his closet. I wonder what they could be.
Revamp chapter 15 . 11/1/2013
A chaptre about Mashiro? Interesting indeed. There was a lot of wonderful action scenes between he and the men. It seems like they found out about him being more than average.

I wonder what his relationship with Rachel is and why she's suddenly come back into his life. Something tells me that she has ulterior motives. It's nice to see him fleshed out more and there being a darker, more serious side to his usual humorous and sweet-natured character.
Revamp chapter 14 . 10/30/2013
The event started and I love the competition between Hakuro and Chiko. They are both so determined.

It looks like our mystery man is going through with his plans and things are taking on a whole new feeling of complication. I wonder what will transpire in future chapters.
Revamp chapter 13 . 10/30/2013
This was a nice, informative bit about the mystery man in the earlier part of the story. His characterization is slow but I love how the mystery around his character is retained. Chiko was pretty funny in this chapter, fighting with Mashiro as he typically does, and hitting Nobu with the brush. It's a nice contrast to the dismal beginning.
Revamp chapter 12 . 10/30/2013
Interesting how the ghost is almost playing with them. It's so nice to see some background on her. So, the old man was Mrs. Shimasuke's grandfather? What a twist. He is most definitely an interesting one to have the ghost and not to mention tell everyone varied stories of it's existence. The scene where Chiko punched him was pretty funny and I can't say he didn't deserve it.

I especially loved this chapter. Anything paranormal piques my interest.
Revamp chapter 11 . 10/30/2013
I like that Chiko has a realistic response to having been in such a horrible situation. Mashiro is a quirky one, making Chiko go on the field trip. As soon as they get there, things have already been put into play with Kazuo's sighting. I wonder why Sakura is so fearless against the ghost. I also love their little adventure through the woods.
Revamp chapter 10 . 10/30/2013
I'm glad that the shot missed Chiko but I feel bad for the other children that were taken to the next phase. Mashiro's apron still makes me chuckle because he's dressed so ridiculous for the situation.

The scarred man is with the Snakes? Well, this complicates things even further. I love the action with Mashiro. It's like he's acting like a true espionage hero. I'm glad the situation came out being alright in the end. Great chapter!
Revamp chapter 9 . 10/30/2013
The principal is going to make a compromise or at least figure out the severity of their situation.

The whole hostage scenario was written in a tense way. I love the mounting uncertainty that the teachers and students feel. It creates a gripping atmosphere. This chapter was very on edge, and I hope that Chiko will be alright, as well as the students and teachers involved.
Revamp chapter 8 . 10/30/2013
It looks like Chiko's fear of stairs is coming back to haunt him once more. He's in a real situation now, and it'll be hard for him to do anything with the Dragons storming the school and him being out in front of his classmates. Great way to mount the tension. Wonderful chapter.
Revamp chapter 7 . 10/30/2013
We're learning a bit about the syndicate in this first part of the chapter. It looks like Chiko is becoming uneasy about the Awaking Dragons. It also looks like the Awaking Dragons found out about Chiko but how did they? This is getting intense.
Revamp chapter 6 . 10/30/2013
So now Chiko is shopping for clothes. I like how he still subconsciously accidentally goes into the men's section and retains that embarrassment about going into the ladies' section. This chapter shows a nice bit of his domestic life with Mashiro. It looks like Chiko has a guy crushing on him and I liked the part with the dog. I see that their friendship will make a nice, budding connection. I love this story so far.
100 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 .. Last Next »