Reviews for The Inner Man
Revamp chapter 5 . 10/30/2013
This is a nice little mystery that is brought up here. I like Chiko's interactions with the boys and Mashiro. Great job on this first half of the chapter!
Revamp chapter 4 . 10/30/2013
It seems that Chiko has blown his cover a little and is considered a genius by everyone now. Poor Chiko, he really lost his composure. All of the dramatic changes were probably too much for him to handle and it ended up breaking him down.

Mashiro really sold it off as a tragic story, however. Even if it was one that made him look like a dashing hero. Mashiro is generally amusing as a character though. I think he adds a nice comic relief to the story.

It looks like something is stirring up with our bad guys. I wonder what the next chapter holds.
Revamp chapter 3 . 10/30/2013
It looks like begrudgingly, Chiko is going to have to attend school. In an odd sense of nostalgia it would be reliving his childhood in a strange way. It looks like Chiko is already causing a ruckus by beating up those boys and everything. His reaction to the principal's sudden mood swing was great. The whole situation was a nice touch of humor.

I like how Chiko isn't prepared and actually has trouble on all of those personal questions, like how he stumbles around on answering them and is unable to remember details about the life that was made up for him. I enjoyed the math battle and the conversation among his fellow classmates regarding it.

All in all, this was very charming.
Revamp chapter 2 . 10/30/2013
Chiko is a feisty one. At least he finally got to beat the doctor up somewhat. However he is now stuck in that body of his and that complicates things, what with the doctor fawning over him, and putting off that creepy air of having clothes and such. I believe the doctor seems a little delusional as well.

The fact that Chiko has to get use to his new body and isn't just instantly able to use it is a nice depth of realism. I do wonder where that fear of stairs comes from, however. Chiko definitely has a hard time dealing with the transition, and his conversation with Mashiro is a nice touch to their budding relationship.

Great job!
Revamp chapter 1 . 10/30/2013
I am finally getting around to reading the Inner Man. Soon, I will be caught up on all of your works. I like that this one has longer chapters like Twin Moon does. That means I have longer reviews to give you as a result.

Starting this chapter with a happy outing turned tragic is a nice way to pull the reader in and kick off the story. The gunfight had a lot of nice action in it and it definitely pulled me in quickly.

Chiko really got himself into a predicament simply by being in the wrong place at the wrong time. Now he's got the government following him around and when he gets back home he is nearly killed by a deadly present. Man, poor guy.

I like the idea of Chiko getting a new body. The concept is unique and fascinating, and Chiko's conflicting feelings about it are realistic for his character. Loved the car chase scene as well.

At first, I did think Chiko was going to get a woman's body, then I thought maybe he'd keep his own boy. I did take into note that his curiosity about becoming a woman seemed like foreshadowing of things to come, but I didn't expect it to be an 8 year old girl. That was a nice shock ending.
killersoda57 chapter 2 . 4/13/2013
I was looking at some of your other story's when I happened across this one, and let me tell you it's amazing like your other story's I look forward to reading the rest when I have time.
Xofder chapter 52 . 6/12/2012
I also really liked the scientist. His type of character is always my favorite and is only rivaled by Chikos .
Xofder chapter 53 . 6/12/2012
First of all I would like to sincerely thank you for making this story. It would be an understatement to say I love is really well thought out and planned and extremely actually be able to write in this stlye is actually very demanding and it really shows your talent in doing so. It is actually very difficult to take up and write stories of this magnitude and that's not even commentating about Shift. I really liked how you combined the school life and the action seamlessly together in your story and it probably will inspire some of my own stories (not that i'll actually write them but the ideas will be there). I would really love to read a sequel of this story because there was one thing that I'm not sure if it was addressed and I missed it or something like that. It was Chikos fear of stairs. I have to say I really liked that plot device all main characters should have weakness and vulnerability and that was a prime example. That's not the only reason that I would like to read a sequel though I really think that it would be absolutely fantastic, just so you know that I would definitely read it and support it. Thanks once again for your works and I really hope I didn't miss the part were Chiko's fear of stairs was addressed.
Van Quatra chapter 52 . 5/12/2012
definitely needs a sequel, hopefully some years later, it should make highschool interesting since chiko grows up normally like the doctor said. should be interesting.
mynameisnoneofyourbusiness chapter 2 . 4/9/2012
wow this is so great. i've only been to the second chapter and i'm already addicted. *sighs* too bad i have magors exams coming up the ones that determine your life so i won't be able to finish as soon as i wanted. BUT I WILL PREVAIL IN THE END HAHAHAHA ... LOL
Van Quatra chapter 53 . 8/7/2011
this was a really, really good story. i very much enjoyed the action and the violent comedy of the leg kicking. you did an excellent job. great work.
Kiyoshi Seven chapter 47 . 12/11/2010
Pretty heartwarming after all the drama and commotion, it actually struck chords in my heart. Commendations on it. The story is well paced something in which am finding much enjoyment and to tell the truth you kept me guessing alot thus far. I hope it will one day be watchable. Thanks for a great read. Constructively critiscising is to a few spelling errors that made me lose some sense till taken in contectsual sense...heh...
Tomoyuki Tanaka chapter 7 . 1/31/2010
Aw...damn...they found him so soon. I hope Chiko escapes somehow.

Mashiro is hilarious, as usual. I love the part where he reads off Chiko's script "No thanks to that stupid doctor!" and everything else. Mashiro RULES! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! He's the MAN.

What else...man, that was one hell of a cliffhanger. As I said, I hope Chiko escapes somehow. Can't wait to read the next chapter now, but I've other priorities. Damn. Damn school. Sigh~ oh well.

Just to let you know, I might be writing another story soon (the one I was telling you about) so I'll let you know if I actually finish and post it up. Heh. It might even replace Absolute Zero altogether, but I'll see. Heh.

Till next time!
Tomoyuki Tanaka chapter 6 . 1/27/2010
Ha ha ha ha! Another funny chapter! You know, I just had this idea where Chiko really loses his memory and believes completely in this fake visage of Kohanna and really thinks of Mashiro as her daddy. That would be hilarious!
Tomoyuki Tanaka chapter 5 . 1/17/2010
Muahahaha! That was a fun chapter. Really.

It's funny how people are staring at him, including Haruko and the four girls (Haruko? Same name as Hiroshi's senpai in my story, ha ha!) who seem pretty mean.

Mashiro comes to pick him up today...has he noticed about someone watching Chiko? I wonder.

Can't wait to read the next chapter!
100 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 .. Last Next »