Reviews for The Last Man to Die
GryphonFledglingOfSilverWings chapter 1 . 8/16/2006
Wow... This was powerful.

I don't know exactly why, but this touched me in many ways. It was sad and solemn, with a few moments of humor that could make you smile through your tears. The whole thing about the toaster was kind of funny, but at the same time, was sort of sick, that anyone would want to become a toaster anyway...

Wow, I am pretty much speechless. Great, great job...

GryphonFledglingOfSilverWings
YuLian chapter 1 . 8/15/2006
Wow, this story's really deep. So futuristic. But I love my CDs... I bet my parents would die before they could figure out how that kind of technology works! I think this is a really great story!

-YuLian
The Mumbling Sage chapter 1 . 7/10/2006
I like the second paragraph. I know that sounds a little weird, but there's something sort of poetic about it.

I also like how you get James's description in at the first opportunity.

The speech is interesting. I'm calling it a speech, because that's what it reminds me of. Normally I'd think something written that way would be untrue to life, but I can actually imagine someone talking that way.

I notice you use the form James' for posessives. It's a little awkward with names ending in s, but the form should still be James's.

I like the guy as a superintelligent toaster. It's funny, but not so funny as to detract from the solemnity of the rest of the story.

The world in your story sounds real, even from the small glimpse we see of it. And the emotion is real and raw in the last line. There's sort of a sense of irony in it, too. All in all, an amazing short story. The writing and plot are both good enough to be publishable.