Reviews for belonging
a lonely september chapter 1 . 7/18/2006
oh wow. your poetry is really something else, noelle. it's so deep & beautiful. so intriguing. 'this isn't belonging' a bit of sadness in that line.. 'she scratched my cheek until it bled' that's very powerful, and the way you end it? like nothing else, honestly.
diffident chapter 1 . 7/17/2006
Cynical, but in a very bland, stating-the-facts kind of way. Which made this poem very nice to soak in. I love the "Holy Garden snake" bit. It really pulled the poem together. You took away her purity, opened her eyes to all the evil in the world. You're the snake in her Eden. Excellent reference. Beautiful job. :)

marie
Aimee Raven chapter 1 . 7/17/2006
Very mysterious...I love your allusions to mythology or the bible...dark, as usual! The middle stanza made me shudder. I really love your work, it always provokes a *feeling*. Love, Mia
left-handed lovers chapter 1 . 7/16/2006
this was actually quite haunting. the girl you write about in the poem leaves an impression on me that's she's insecure and strikes out when she "can't say 'i love you' enough". amazing.

ellis.
the.pink.life chapter 1 . 7/16/2006
Damn. Bitchy. I love it! Hehe. The Holy Garden snake...you know that's awesome, right? Amazing. Keep writing! :)
SayIt'sWrong chapter 1 . 7/15/2006
Wow...your poetry is so great that beautiful doesn't even begin to describe it. Vx
smile persephone chapter 1 . 7/14/2006
I love the whole 'slice of life' feel of this poem. The ending seemed abrupt to me, but perhaps it needs that sharp slap at the end to fit the tone. I love the concept of 'Holy Garden snake'. Lovely, lovely! (As always!)
Nobody-n-Particular chapter 1 . 7/14/2006
Splendid closing.
eden is burning chapter 1 . 7/13/2006
I wish I could steal your talent and run. Wonderful poem, so emotive, deep, beautiful, unusual.

Yeah, it was great.

x
breezy nostrils chapter 1 . 7/13/2006
wow gory but love the imagery nonetheless. nice work.
tamarkaph2006 chapter 1 . 7/11/2006
Its a wee bit strange.
SeaVoi chapter 1 . 7/11/2006
scatching cheeks til they bleed, oh that sounds so cool.
Boejangles chapter 1 . 7/11/2006
Wow I usually get stuff like that, but that went totally over my head. Hmm it's deep none the less, but I dont get it.
Faithless Juliet chapter 1 . 7/11/2006
I think the dialogue is fascinating; and the subtle ecstasy between the lover, and the loved is always intriguing. You always have this way of capturing moments in time, or the feeling of being frozen in one moment. The conversation is brief but it has a weight to it.

Juliet.
classic violet chapter 1 . 7/11/2006
as always, you are a goddess. this is painful and beautiful. full of such emotion, you can almost feel like you're the girl in this, it's so well done. that last part tore at me. just amazing.

as always, keep writing. you rock.
34 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 Next »