Reviews for The Bane of Rendsberg Part I
Black Lotus Flower chapter 12 . 4/4/2009
Ha, I have to say I found it amusing, Lucifer tripping over himself at the sight of a female. I guess kobolds are similar to humans in that way.

And so that ends book I, with Lucifer learning that his siblings still live. All in all, this was a good story.
Tawny Owl chapter 9 . 3/21/2009
This chapter felt very slow, but I think that was because of all the travelling. I hate having to write chapters like that because you have to cover distance without really moving the story on.

It was interesting seeing how Hans justifies all the odd things he notices about Lucifer though. I think it will be a shock for him if he ever works out who his new friend is, or is told by someone else.

I liked the image of the two of them sitting on the cart, swinging their legs. It was a very cosy scene. And I enjoyed hearing the driver’s point of view as well. Carrying two of the fair folk on you cart –that could be a short story in itself.
Black Lotus Flower chapter 11 . 3/14/2009
Little Hans really doesn't get much of a chance to relax. Not only did he have to say his final farewells but he got attacked while doing so. But that's one of the attributes of darkness; the more its influenced the more it grows.

Lucifer didn't have much of an easy time, either. But he came through his conflict as best he could. At least he was able to treat his friend.
Black Lotus Flower chapter 10 . 2/28/2009
Cliffhanger. O.o Nice way to leave the chapter in suspense, though.

Seems like Hans had some growing up to do in this chapter. It's never easy for someone to face such things, not alone as a child, but at least he was able to find comfort in his companion.

I enjoyed this chapter.
Black Lotus Flower chapter 9 . 2/24/2009
Sorry I didn't review quicker. My internet went down for a while and when it came back the site wouldn't let me sign on. So it wasn't because I forgot. :)

This was a cute chapter. Poor Hans has to say his final good-byes. :( Poor little Kobold. Good job!
Black Lotus Flower chapter 8 . 2/14/2009
Aw, the smaller kobold should've been more careful of Lucifer's feelings. Saying such mean things are hard on him.

But it's good that his companion stuck by him. Even a slightly cynical companion is better than none and it does seem like Hans cares about him to some extent. And it's cute how Lucifer fuffles Hans' hair a lot. _
Black Lotus Flower chapter 7 . 2/7/2009
It was sad that after such a long period of time he was cast out of the family he had become so accustomed to but at least he was able to find someone else to be his companion. One he can speak to, at that.

And so the search for his family begins. I don't know why but for some odd reason I want to think that Lucifer and Han's families are connected somehow.
Black Lotus Flower chapter 6 . 2/6/2009
It was a pretty sad chapter but a good one. It's good that they acknowledged that their ignoring of Lucifer wasn't his fault. It would be a horrible thing for him to live with if he thought he was really just that despicable.

I'm going to guess that the following parts of the story are his endeavor's with his master's children. Then again, perhaps there could be a plot twist. But I'll find out soon enough. XD
Black Lotus Flower chapter 5 . 2/4/2009
It was quite the cute scene with the mistress teaching the kobold to read. But it made for a sad contrast at the end when her and the master began pulling away from Lucifer. I wonder what happened to make them do that? After all, he did his work, the livestock prospered...but I suppose that's in the next chapter.
Black Lotus Flower chapter 4 . 2/4/2009
Poor kobold. It wouldn't be much fun to be heckled by everyone. But at least he found a place where he could stay, with people who were niceer to him than the norm.

I especially like that you mentioned the "fairy folk" as a negative term. From what I've seen most people only know of thier positive side rather than the other lore that depicts some to be malevolent and mischieveous. And are kobolds good luck for livestock in actual mythology? I read a lot about mythology but never heard that. So I had to ask. Most of my reseach is done about black dogs (gwyli, old shuck, wish hounds, etc) so it really doesn't surprise me that I missed something in another area.

Despite my rant, good job!
Black Lotus Flower chapter 3 . 2/1/2009
Turning a kobold into a vampire...that's definately unique. I can honestly say I've never read a story where something like that happened. Anyway, this was the best chapter so far. The plot's starting to come into focus more and I think this will be an entertaining story.
VelvetyCheerio chapter 12 . 1/30/2009
Aww, man! After all that and they still have to travel further on to Cuxhaven. Aah, but where would the fun be in just finding them and happy ending?

Hmm, Madelyne was funny in a sort of motherly way. I like her character, I hope she's in more of the second or third book. Good work on this one, everything about it was neat, well written, and nicely planned out. I'll continue on to book two another time soon.

VelvetyCheerio chapter 11 . 1/30/2009
How unfortunate. But this chapter was positively riveting. I couldn't tear my eyes away, it was so good. Great job. Hn, I guess I was wrong on the whole vampire thing. :P Well, the shade was an even nicer addition, I thought the fight was perfect. Wow. It was surprising that both of them made it out in one piece, esp. Lucifer. Glad though. :)

VelvetyCheerio chapter 10 . 1/30/2009
Wow, way to go on suspense in just a few short sentences. I have to find out what happens next. Oh! But you know what I think the thing is that killed Hans' family is? I think it's that vampire that turned Lucifer. I bet it is! And now, with whatever it is that has returned, the plot twists for the terrifying. Good work, I love it.

VelvetyCheerio chapter 9 . 1/30/2009
How interesting. At least they got a ride, though I have the feeling that Lucifer used some sort of glamour or whatever on the man. You know, I wonder if Hans is ever going to find out that Lucifer is a vampire. If he does, what will he do? Hmm. The plot builds as they set out to meet Hans' family. What will they find?

165 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »