Reviews for The Bane of Rendsberg Part I
Tawny Owl chapter 4 . 12/29/2008
It’s nice that Lucifer has his name now. I must admit it’s about time he had some good luck, especially after being driven away by the town’s folk.

The bit where he introduces himself to the farmers wife made me laugh. I could just imagine her face when she sees this hairy, grinning creature on her door step that ‘appears to be a vampire as well’. It did an awful lot to highlight Lucifer’s innocence as well – and you can’t fault the logic of the bad luck cancelling out the good luck.
Tsumujikaze no Soujutsu chapter 12 . 12/21/2008
Finally the end of this story. And yeah, the to be continued tag is definitely there as well lol! :D Anyway, guess this is a good ending for now. Never expect that there are Kobolds that heck care the Customs though. Thought they were pretty strict on that. And really the scenes here portrayed a feel of family warmth. With that being said though, the matron's final comment seems to hint that she knew about Lucifer's nature or at least has an idea. Ok, maybe I'm getting too sensitive here. Maybe I'm wrong. With that being said, I wonder how the whole family reunion will play out. Anyway, thanks very much for your reviews on Circles of Arven. Hope to see more of them soon! Bye! :)
Tsumujikaze no Soujutsu chapter 11 . 12/21/2008
Wow, that pendant part really reminds me of a random scene I've done for Circles of Arven tbh. As for the fight, I'll have to say that although it's average, but still it's rather realistic. At least Lucifer don't go berserk in a power sense like what I've did or plan for my stories. :S With that being said, after seeing this chapter, I've got a guess that this fight could lead to a bigger conspiracy plot. I don't know tbh. But Lucifer saving the world here does have a nice ring in the logic. ;)
Tsumujikaze no Soujutsu chapter 10 . 12/21/2008
Well, that was a spooky chapter sort of say. I really like the way you did the atmosphere. It really brings forth the feel. And nice portrayal of Hans' struggle here. It really seems humane although it has a touch of paradox. But then again, human nature is full of that. With that being said, I wonder what was that which appeared here.
Tsumujikaze no Soujutsu chapter 9 . 12/21/2008
Well, now here we are at Hans' homeland. I really wonder what will happen from there. Surely things won't be that simple? And for some weird reason, Lucifer's strength reminds me of the movie Twilight. Must it's nature. ;) And for some reason, the human's reaction seems like a lol to me. :D Anyway, I really wonder if Hans will know of Lucifer's identity. If so, then things could get interesting althought the nice guy in me hoped not.
Tsumujikaze no Soujutsu chapter 8 . 12/21/2008
Well, interesting developments here and I like the way you did Lucifer's character here. Hans also seems like an interesting character as well. As for finding the family, I guess things are going to get interesting. And glad that Lucifer got a companion now. Guess it really sucks if one is lonely. Anyway, my brain is starting to get stumped now. That being said though, I'll try to finish reviewing this story if possible. :)
Tsumujikaze no Soujutsu chapter 7 . 12/21/2008
Well, the parting scene was better than I've expected. I would have thought Lucifer left the family on bad terms. And his practice at his abilities gave me a major lawl. :D Anyway, the whole human reaction here surprised me tbh. I thought the response will be more violent. Guess Lucifer's got his big break for now. ;) And erm, is Hans Schonberg Alteng? I sort of have this feeling. Anyway, onto the next chapter. :)
Tawny Owl chapter 3 . 12/20/2008
I must admit I didn't expect this to turn into a vampire story. Although the clues were there in the last chapter.

The kobold doesn't seem to be having much luck if he has been cursed twice. I like the way he spoke happily though - like a child that has learnt his lesson well.
Tawny Owl chapter 2 . 12/20/2008
A very sinister ending to the chapter.

The way the kobold reacted to being found was really heart wrenching, espeacially the bit about being good this time. I think you captured his feelings well.

This really does read like a legend or a fairy tale. I think because of the lack of dialogue and the way that large time periods are covered.
Tsumujikaze no Soujutsu chapter 6 . 12/19/2008
Well, the whole teleportation stunt in this chapter really reminds me of my favorite X-men character, namely Nightcrawler. If you're familiar with the series, you'll know why. ;) And yeah, Lucifer really reminds me of my cousin's kid for the leg hugging part lol! :D That being said though, I think I may have missed something here, but still I wonder if Lucifer is immortal in the aspect of livespan. And I really wonder how he will cope in the future chapters and how the farmer's children will play out in the plot. Erm, apart from that nothing to say. Guess it because it's getting super late at night now. Anyway, thanks very much for your latest review on Circles of Arven. Hope to see more of the reviews soon! Bye! :)
Tsumujikaze no Soujutsu chapter 5 . 12/18/2008
Well, interesting chapter here with Lucifer and his new "family". I really like the way you did the scenes here with all the issues on the chores. That being said though, the whole change in attitude in the end of this chapter baffled me. Obviously something big must have happened. As for what it is, guess I'll have to read on. Also, I wonder if Lucifer's increasing bloodlust will play a part in the story. And yeah, thanks for your reviews on Circles of Arven. Hope to see more of them soon! Bye! :)
Tsumujikaze no Soujutsu chapter 4 . 12/18/2008
Well okay. Me back again. :) Anyway, that was a good chapter here. The fact that human beings shunned others different from them also seems rather real here. And I don't know why, but Lucifer seems to be rather cute in my mind lol! :D That being said though, glad to see that he got accepted by the end of this chapter although I've got a weird feeling that it won't last. Anyway, good story here and I'll try to review the next chapter. ;)
Tawny Owl chapter 1 . 12/7/2008
I like the world you've created and I got drawn into it straight away. I think it was because although you give us quite a lot of information about the kobolds, you start by setting the scene with a birth.

I'm intrigued by the culture you've created becasue the family seems to be very isolated and without anyone to judge and spy on them, and yet the laws that they live by seem really ingrained into them. It will be interesting to see how the gatherings work.

I enjoyed the way this was written, it was a bit like reading an old myth becasue although you captured the feelings of the characters the style was looking back at something tha has already happened.

This is very different from anything I've found on fictionpress so far, which is always good. Thanks for posting.
Tsumujikaze no Soujutsu chapter 3 . 11/22/2008
Well, guess this will be my last review of the day since I've got church tomorrow. Anyway, sorry I got things wrong. Thought it was the kid who did the killing. :S Anyway, interesting concepts on the whole vampire issue. I really wonder how that will play into the story. Also, I liked the way you did the kid's internal struggles here. It really seemed rather real. Anyway, will that kid have a name soon? Guess things are much more easier when there are names for the characters. That being said, I'll be curious to see the kid's future struggled here. And yeah, thanks for your reviews on my stories. Hope to see more of them soon. Bye! :)
Tsumujikaze no Soujutsu chapter 2 . 11/22/2008
Well, despite having no dialogues here, I do find this chapter interesting. You did well in exploring the unknown kid's past and I'll be curious to see what you can do from there. Also, I'm curious about the whole curse thing because from what I've seen in the end of this chapter, there might be some truth to it. Anyway all in all a good descriptive chapter. I really wonder what will happen next. :)
165 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 .. Last Next »