Reviews for The Infowar: A Novel of Asymmetric Warfare
pinoy1 chapter 16 . 10/18/2009
I really like this fic! After reading Stranger Aeons, I got a deeper appreciation for this fic!
imaginist chapter 2 . 3/31/2008
This is very well-researched. So well that I read on for the sake of learning more.
The Abstract Dualist chapter 6 . 5/2/2007
Wow. I love this.

Are you a published (as in, book form) author? Because you could be, I think.
Corkscrew chapter 16 . 4/1/2007
This is certainly an interesting story with a very clear agenda. I like it at times and other times I find myself kind of...bored. It's slow going at moments when the pace was just picked up.

I the symbolism and metaphors dashed everywhere in this. However, I think you could benefit from not having to explain every single piece of symbolism or point out the ironies. It's like you're trying too hard to say: "Hey, look at this! I have Celtic references here! Aren't I smart?" Readers (most, I assume) who start to read something this in depth and highly politicized, aren't THAT stupid. They don't need their hands held and pointed in any direction. If someone can't figure out who "Daedelus" and "Icarus" are and their appropriate connection...well, maybe they shouldn't be reading something like this.

I do like your characters. You describe their zeal and beliefs well enough where a reader can actually care about what is going on. They are human, which is nice to know. They think and feel and want and sometimes make mistakes. I also enjoy the narrative flow-it all streams together. I almost can feel the "6th degree of seperation" with each character. It has a "Babel" quality to it, in terms of this.

It's a good start. I'll definitely read on and I suggest you read back through it sometime. It's always so much better to read it again, then you pick up on things you might have missed, ideologically and grammatically.

Keep it up! Definitely worth the read!
Haku chapter 47 . 3/10/2007
Nice chapter. Please tell me that Sergei will get his come-uppance before things are through :P
Kreen chapter 42 . 2/17/2007
Transhumanism in South Korea sounds interesting. I did some research, and seems like you draw your inspiration from real news. Then again, that realism's the theme of most of this work so far.
Shorthand chapter 1 . 2/4/2007
I can't believe I'm reading literature of this stature on FP! Have you ever considered publishing? I could see you being the next George Orwell! How about screenwriting? Ever tried it? This kind of material is exactly what producers are looking for - they want another success like The Matrix or V for Vendetta. This story is worth so much more than this website gives it credit for. You need to get yourself out there!

Man. You got talent.

-Elisha
Kreen chapter 37 . 2/3/2007
You know, Janus rocks. Both figureatively and literally.
Haku chapter 31 . 1/8/2007
Neat stuff. However, by the time you mentioned "Delta Force", I started thinking of Chuck Norris...and now, I've started picturing Helios as being portrayed by Norris...oh joy...
Narc chapter 1 . 1/6/2007
This is good writing, and very well thought out. Unfortunately, it's not really my cup of tea. I'll give some technical advice, however.

"As usual, there was plenty of things the White House was not telling public."

Should be 'were plenty of things'.

"If there is mindless activism, can there be any “intellectual activism?”"

Should be 'If there is mindless activism, can there be any "intellecutual activism"?' - minor change there

I really like the last paragraph of this chapter, how you tie everything together into the titles of the chapter and the novel. Good job, for the most part. I know a lot of people who would really enjoy this.
Haku chapter 30 . 1/5/2007
Well, looks like Gunter's been buggered sideways by his current situation. My only criticism is that, due to the fact he's been portrayed in previous chapters as a meticulous and secretive individual, he would probably not have given the game away by yelling out "My crossbow!" when Sergei mentioned the found weapon - although, it's understandable as he feels stongly for his guns. Other than that, pretty good chapter. I await to see Ian being beaten up by BNP thugs :P
Haku chapter 29 . 1/2/2007
Bloody hell..these guys mean business. Looks like it's crunch time for the Network. Operative Four/Helios seems to be a more trustworthy individual...or at the very least, his heart's in the right place.
Caedesis chapter 18 . 12/25/2006
I think the part where Eric tells Brian that Helios has an obsession with the number four, is not in Japanese, it's chinese. While I am positive that shi is the word for four in Chinese, Japanese is probably bound to be different. Sorry, if I'm wrong.
Haku chapter 23 . 12/10/2006
That ending was fantastic. Entirely possible, yet wholly unexpected. Good sense of tension as well, especially when Gunter sees his reflection in the gangster's knife-blade.
Edcrab chapter 1 . 11/26/2006
Ah, now it's all falling into place...

I'd agree that the guys seemed a bit too "safe" to begin with- despite, you know, the fact that the enemy are goddamn psychopaths- but now that little earth-shatterer has certainly shaken things up a lot! And to think I doubted your pacing :p Incidentally, Joel win.

Traditional Ed demand time: MOOREE! Picture me shouting it like a ravenous bear. Or just a drunk, whatever.
41 | Page 1 .. Last Next »