Reviews for Writing a Poem
Bleu Ciel chapter 1 . 11/15/2006
Hey, it's The Pestilence here (capital "The", you say the whole phrase: The Pestilence, not just Pestilence ) just letting you know that, well, I'm still alive -_- But if Biology Class continues, I'd rather you kill me. Yesterday. (In fact, I'm supposed to be studying Right. This. Minutes. BAD XD)

That was a pretty unique way to make a poem. I actually had to back and see how it all worked out. Nice
sarah1491 chapter 1 . 9/23/2006
wow, it's amazing! I love the multiple word choices. It makes the poem so interesting and unique!P.S. i've got some new-ish stuff up *hint hint, nudge nudge* lol

_
Winter Sun chapter 1 . 9/10/2006
Wow, I really liked the way you setup this poem. I was particularly impressed by how you, for the most part, wrote a long line, then a series of short ones that were synonyms. Very creative.

You described everything so well, and I liked the mentions of doodling between the margins, as well as the thoughts of insecurity of the writer not being able to write something worthwhile. I have definietely experienced that before.

The lines that most struck me, however, was 'you've edited out the imperfections/and now we see the the finished product.' Too true, and how perceptive of you to mention it!

You are good at pulling out a writer's innermost, sometimes elusive feelings subtly, but the meaning is still clearly there.

Lastly: the poem, overall, became rather long, but had a beautiful rhythm throughout it. Your transitions were nicely done, too.

In two words? Loved it.
silentscreamer07 chapter 1 . 9/1/2006
Aw! Get out of my brain! You so stole it from it! ;) *wink* jk of course! But really, after reading this, I feel like you were in my brain, b/c this is how I feel. Constantly trying to think of something to write..(mainly when I'm about to fall asleep, or getting ready for bed) and I can't grasp exactly what it is I mean, and I WANT there to be a deep truth or meaning to it, but can't get it. And how I continously edit out imperfections, trying to make it perfect. I really feel like you describe what it is I feel when writing. That strong passion, that the reader can really tell you also have for your writing. It's amazing keep it up!

Glad to hear too that you don't write ALL your poetry in that multiple word choice..i LOVED It in here..gave it it's own flare..but not on every poem..this one was outstanding though! *kw!*

Britney

and thank you too for the review also! I really appreciate it..and also for checking out my profile..haha, yes, it is odd. My real name is britney, but one of my nicknames is george..kind of a long and random story how I got the nickname..but really it's just a random nickname I'm called..my other friend are joe and fred..;) thanks again for the review! It means a lot!
Elizabeth Bilberry chapter 1 . 8/19/2006
You have description me and poem-writing almost perfectly. This is what I mainly feel when I write a poem; I say that I write it for myself, but n the back of my mind, I hope and dream they will like it too. Take care.

EB
Spirit Tigress chapter 1 . 8/10/2006
I get inspired in dreams and when i'm dozing off in class. Nice!

I don't think Zora's a mary-sue! If she is then that's one I actually like! (how high did she score? which test did you take?)
empathic life chapter 1 . 7/29/2006
I feel like a horrible pen pal/lover for not reading this earlier. I really do. But anyways. I love this, with all the word choices and stuff. I feel like reading it over again, and trying out different words from the list. But maybe that's just me being me. Anyways. Keep writing. I'll never tire of reading your work. All my love, Alex
Charrbin chapter 1 . 7/12/2006
Outstanding - a lot better than I could do. But then again, you are a girl, and should be a lot better. Regardless, it's a magnificent poem with creativity and actual thought, not a bunch of dribble flowing down the page.

Great work! You should be published one day.
Moondog Dozier chapter 1 . 7/12/2006
Extraordinarily diagnosed. Just wonderfully disected. Favorite from the beginning, as it captures the attention of the reader, and explains to the reader what it takes and what it IS to WRITE. Excellente. Good to see a poem from you once in awhile, as you are interestingly diverse in your topics and approaches. MD:77.
WyrdWolf chapter 1 . 7/12/2006
Felicia, my pretty puppy,

Ah...I have to make this quick 'cause my evil sister is trying to kick me off of the computer...ah!

Very nice. I loved how you picked it apart, using word choices...very innovative. My favorite lines:

'on the margins and

in the spaces that words don’t fill'

Very cool. _

Great poem, very in-depth exploration of the mind. Woot!