Reviews for Like, How You Are
professional griefer chapter 1 . 1/25/2013
I don't really care for how the narrative tone fits the subject matter. I feel like Lacey's voice is a bit stiff for a high school story. It's not too far over the line, it was just annoying me a bit. If you made it a bit more conversational, I think it would work really well.
I love Julian's character, though. I thought he was the best characterized in this story, even though you leave a few things about him out, he's still compelling, and a good romantic lead. His dialogue was really fun to read, and I thought you did well with making his voice stand out.
I didn't like the ending. Just didn't. It seemed rather flat to me.
Overall, good work.
A. Nonymous1234 chapter 1 . 1/21/2013
You have really good skills in this type of short one-shot type story. I didn't see too many error mistakes, just a few sentences that ether were run ons or too short. The present tense kinda bugged me at first, not many stories use that, but I found that gave the story a cool aspect. I really liked this, especially the dialogue at the end. Good job!
Fragile Things chapter 1 . 7/13/2011
i think its beautiful in an angsty, personal way. thanks for sharing. i fell for both characters.
Genevieve chapter 1 . 6/15/2010
I don't really know what to say. im pretty much speechless. you are amazing and everything you do is amazing
hannah chapter 1 . 5/4/2010
i like it because it's essentially about nothing and yet that nothingness still compelled me to read. maybe because there was the hint of something more although it never came. it has the incomplete feeling, the kind of tug of life.

not perfect but i like. i like it quite a bit, actually.
DandilionEyes chapter 1 . 11/27/2009
The thing I liked about this story was that it didn't end up how I wanted it to, and most likely not how everyone else wanted it to, either.

This wasn't fantasy, it was reality and I want to think that Julian is a jerk even though he seems really nice and I don't know what to think of him in the end. Same with Lacey.

That's another thing great about this. It's very human 'cause who knows how exactly to describe someone?

Good job.
Jen calculates chapter 1 . 6/8/2009
I feel a bit lame reviewing all your stuff (in that I seem to have read it all in one go...) so I'm doing my favourites. And I figure your writing deserves way more reviews anyway.

I sound like such a sycophant.

So anyway, I liked this a lot. Again completely relatable. I don't think that's a word but you know what I mean.

Also. "I'm not a writer, but I like to pretend." is bollocks. Hope you're still writing.
forkandyoghurt chapter 1 . 5/19/2009
You prolly recognize me by now. I don't know what to feel about this story xD It's like… kind of sad and kind of… whatever-ish kind of feeling.
I sadly can't log in chapter 1 . 3/31/2009
I can relate. Her life is a little bit better than mine though...
Mamsephet chapter 1 . 2/3/2009
Boo. This made me sad :(. But it was also hilarious. I'm sick, and that sucks. I have a cough, and I guess that sucks too. But me laughing sucks for everyone. Mainly because it sounds like I'm pooping. So I caused discomfort for people while reading this.

I felt guilty though, when she was going on about all her classes and GPA and blah blah blah eat a fish. Mostly because all I could think about was how I failed that math quiz, and how I had a test, and how I had homework that I SHOULD be doing. And how I was never going to make it anywhere in life because I have B's in anything that matters. And blah blah blah eat a fish.

I can relate.

Kudos :).
english summer rain chapter 1 . 7/7/2008
and here i was ignorantly thinking that this was multi-chapter. continue this please? too brilliant to leave us (me) hanging. :'(
happyaccident chapter 1 . 7/6/2008
i found this story about a year ago, and have found myself going back to it every month or so since. it's definitely up there on my list of favorite short stories, published works included. maybe that means i don't read enough, but i read a lot more than a lot of people that i know. you somehow managed to capture loneliness in under 3,0 words, and make it funny and true and even uplifting, in the way that only tragedies can be. normally, i don't bother to review unless i have something helpful - read: critical - to say about a story. and normally, i have something to say, because i'm the sort of bitter person who can only see the flaws in things. so i haven't reviewed this story in the past. but today, for the first time, i actually looked at the number of reviews for this story. i was shocked to see that it wasn't in the hundreds, as i had always assumed. and i guess it can't hurt, to know that someone somwhere out there has read something that you wrote and really, really liked it. (and, for that matter, someone somwhere is absurdly excited that this account isn't actually dead, as she had previously assumed.)
if you're going downtown chapter 1 . 5/4/2008
this was adorable/depressing.

i can definitely relate, especially to the part about how the fact that he finds her to be an acceptable partner makes it okay to say yes. i really hate boys sometimes.

totally adding it to my favorites.
LiMay chapter 1 . 11/1/2007
aww found this rather sad (
notACTUALLYwriting chapter 1 . 10/27/2007
well yeah, you wrote this last year. but WORRD, it's DEPRESSING. that's me there.
33 | Page 1 .. Last Next »