Reviews for An Orphan's Eulogy
WickedSilence chapter 1 . 9/1/2006
I cried. You've captured such desolation, such a questioning mood, that the anguish nearly becomes a living creature. And you shouldn't change the title; it fits the poem's subject perfectly and even brings further depth to the feelings you evoke. I wonder if you meant to capitalize "and Gravestones" like you did, though. It doesn't really add anything poetically, so I was thinking that perhaps it might be a mistake...? In any case, this is truly beautiful in a haunting way. I love it.
burning in effigy chapter 1 . 7/31/2006
Dark and beautiful... interesting perspective.

Making me think and think.

Lovely ending.

Fantastic job!
ginnyellen chapter 1 . 7/15/2006
Woah. This is just... I'm lost for words. This is absolutely amazing. Tragic, true, and a reflection trigger by excelence. I'm sorry I can't give you much of advice or anything...I'm just starting myself into the poetry world myself, and well I have never believed into criticizing someone who's higher and better than me.

I loved the 5th St ... "While small smiles and broken souls are framed in gold and set upon hollow thrones... The anthem of manking is footsteps upon crushing bones" .WOW.

Loved it.
I Found Myself At 24 chapter 1 . 7/14/2006
This nearly brought me to tears Matt! I don't even know where to begin...wow...definitely one of your best.
Liebchen Rose chapter 1 . 7/14/2006
Tragic and beautifully sad. Wonderful work as always darling one.