Reviews for In the Genes
Disenchanted Tragedy chapter 1 . 10/31/2006
This was a great story, truly. I loved it and I'm wondering: have you ever thought about entering Theatre? You could work for Original and act this out. I daresay, it would be simply wonderous. It's a great soliloquy of sorts and a unique one at that. So, think about it, if you can. And let me tell you again, great story.

Disenchanted Tragedy
Ril chapter 1 . 7/18/2006
Wow, I loved this. I loved the ending but the main character pissed me off. SO self-centered. That last line "Nobody is the centre of my world but me, and I won't let you take that away from me!" I wanted to slap her. Stopw allowing in self-pity y'know? But yea, loved it *cuddles*
multiples of six chapter 1 . 7/17/2006
Ah, I love one-shots. And the monologue form is kind of cool. This reminds me of my love-hate relationship with my own sister. Parts of it made me want to laugh, but I didn't because it was so.. depressing? angsty? I don't know. Anyway, it was really good, as always. )
XoHikarix chapter 1 . 7/17/2006
This story was absolutely amazing. I really enjoy one shot stories and I was just in awe of how you finished it. I like how you mixed anger and concern in this arguement to Joyce.

Needless to say I very very very much loved this story. It makes me almost hope that Joyce will find some way to be alright in the end.
Totally Raven chapter 1 . 7/17/2006
I think you just wrote a story portraying every screwed up teenager in the world. And did it very unpatronisingly, unlike shrinks always do.

I actually read some things that sounded like they'd been taken out of my life. So yeah, anyway...

Really good job. It's definetely the best monologue I've ever read.
blessed-dragon chapter 1 . 7/14/2006
Intersting. That's definitely a screwed up family and hey - no slash! That's different but I'm not complaining. Sometimes it's refreshing to read another type of story from a slash author.

I liked the fact that it was written like a monolgue. Those are always interesting. I also appreciated the fact that it was easy to follow and wasn't immensely depressing. It was just the right amount of angst.

That's about all I can think about right now. Good job!
beth is chill chapter 1 . 7/14/2006