Reviews for Stop and Think
Dahlia Wolffe chapter 1 . 3/11/2007
Damn. You make me want to never eat meat again!

Naw, sorry, I'm too black for that to happen.

But, as for your essay, I see your point. They make the prices so high because they know the informed consumer (that's you) will buy them, and the government loves making money off the little guy. Honestly, and I can't say I understand why, the government just sees that as a price. Plus, think of this. ( I do a lot of research)

Since the A act was placed after WW2, America has paid farmers not to grow as much because then demand would go up, and, accordingly, so could the price. So the farmer was more than likely an organic farmer, and most organic farmers work for their own profit, and since they do tend to work harder because of all the extra stuff they CAN'T use, they charge a hefty buck.

It always comes down to money. I myself love animals. You don't know how many strays I feed that aren't mine, or how I drop my speed 20 MPH when I see an animal crossing sign.

That's just something you've gotta be prepared to do. If I were you I'd rally up on this (no joke) cause I was raised to believe the same as you do.

Keep it up! You've managed to draw a review out of me!
shetalkstorainbows chapter 1 . 10/27/2006
I'm not a vegan, and I like meat too much to ever become one, but your essay was amazing. I just HAD to reply. It's really touching to know you care so much about these animals. I respect your choices and decisions, and just had to congragulate you on this wonderful piece of work.
Kristina Suko chapter 1 . 9/17/2006
It's touching to know that you care so much about the things around you. I personally like meat, and I think that vegitarians are crazy. (J/K, I couldn't live without my roast beef... and I hate salad.) But that you would take the time to share what you care for is awesome. Good piece.

Maranwe TelrunyaPS Thanks for the reviews! Will you read In The Mirror of the Lake? I personally think that that is my best poem. Thanks again D
Charming Dice chapter 1 . 8/23/2006
That's some deep stuff you've written here. It is a messed up world we live in. The sad thing is, its not just humans that are this way. Sharks attack any mammal they can find, but they're limited to water. Hawks kill any mice the see, but they're too small to attack larger lifeforms. Lions eat whatever animals they want, as long as its in reach. Many humans are just like the animals mentioned above, but are just better at killing than they are.

Its hard to get most people to care about killing animals when they have a gun hidden away in their house, ready to kill a person with it under certain circumstances. Even police and soldiers, our heroes, carry guns and are trained to use them.

If killing a human can be justified, and in todays courts it happens a lot more than it should, then its hard to make people care about animals that cannot speak up for themselves.

Its sad, but its true.

Dice Darwin
diamond-dust08 chapter 1 . 8/19/2006
i wasn't really an animal lover myself starting when i was chased by a rabid dog through half the length of our entire street, but i get what you mean.

this piece is very soulful and touching, and the emotion you wanted to convey was exactly the one that we received. although this seemed like to be an advertisement for a vegetarian restaurant, i know that you meant well... i was actually more interested in how you wrote the essay (although it wasn't categorized as such, but as 'fiction'-so this isn't a real story?). maturity shows through your writing style, and we can well grasp your humanity behind your evocative words.

but even if i'm not actually an animal-lover it still breaks my heart to see a pet die. really. it depresses me.

anyway i have to thank you for your reviews, although you'd probably be disappointed that i did not review your main project. i was actually reading the first part and i saw that it was yaoi, and being a guy i absolutely detest shounen-ai and won't touch it even with a 10-foot-pole. however, judging from how you wrote this and the first part i've read there, you write brilliantly. i like that.

i will stop and think, to ponder what you've just said in this marvelous short work.

DD
Kawaii Panda-Chan chapter 1 . 8/19/2006
This was really touching. Personally, I love meat and animal by-products (the edible ones) but I agree that most animals are abused. Prices concur with the fact that people are happier ignoring issues and going shot-happy (is that even a word?) with animals. It's easier, but causes suffering. I like that you spoke up.

Lots'a Love,

Starlite-Dragin
Durandel chapter 1 . 8/16/2006
Wow... that was great, you can really make a person think about what he/she eats, wow... dang.
rust phoenix chapter 1 . 8/10/2006
This is a really convincing essay, I like how you used facts and not only emotions to make your point. The last line was especially potent.
becky-kitkat chapter 1 . 8/7/2006
very good. i once questioned my mum on why we don't buy free-range eggs and it was for the same reason they were simply to expensive, i have thought about it but in the end we can't buy what we can't afford.
Callum Sirryn-Sehnya chapter 1 . 7/29/2006
wow, that really make you think, and trust me, I don't do that often. This is really good but I didn't realize there was such things as vegetarian eggs, maybe I'm just being blind. cool. nice one.
Cardi chapter 1 . 7/28/2006
I really think it is ridiculous that they charge so much more for the organic or natural options... means that families without much money can't buy them, no matter how much they may disagree with the five-to-a-foot nesting theory.

Thanks for the reviews -
pointythings chapter 1 . 7/25/2006
Thank you for this...it's lovely. And it's nice to meet an animal rights activist who isn't screaming in my face. I swear to God, if I could, I would buy vegetarian eggs every time, and all their equivalents for other animals. (They taste better anyway, but of course that's not the point.) But, as you say, the sad truth is that few people can afford to do this, and I am not one of the fortunate. But I do acknowledge the horrible things that people do to animals, and I acknowledge that I am in a way supporting that by buying their products. I just don't really have a choice. I'm sorry.

Thank you for being strong enough to fight against it; I don't think I could be vegan. I don't think it's the eating animals that's a problem; I think it's what people do to the animals beforehand that's awful. I wish I could do something about it.

pointythings
Derek57 chapter 1 . 7/24/2006
wow. that's really moving...made me...*sob* okay, maybe not, but it was still GREAT! WELL DONE, i will never see eggs the same way again...

from a very moved and thought provoked Derek x x x?
Darket chapter 1 . 7/21/2006
Amaste. A review. From someone you don't know!

Ah ha! Good story actually. I'm liking what you're doing for it now. And it's a one shot. Nice job.

Peace, Love, Triangle!

Darket
FoxyGrampa chapter 1 . 7/21/2006
A good valid point while not trying to shove it down my throat. Personally, I love animals, but I honestly don't think a small percent of the populace not eating them will make any difference.

I may or may not go vegetarian though-I've read lots of things already and haven't really been convinved to do it. But who knows, maybe one day. I couldn't go vegean though, I'm afraid. Haha.

Anyway, that was a good read none the less. n_n