Reviews for Dismal Place
Cloudsinthesky chapter 1 . 7/22/2006
You always seem to amaze with such beautiful work. I mean wow if you don't mind me saying this is one of the best poems you've written, another one added on to my favorites lists.
CovinS chapter 1 . 7/21/2006
Whoa.

At the end of the first verse, I caught myself warming up the "cliche" gears and getting ready to preach about mediocrity and the blandess of-what's this? "And then I look..."

Somehow, your poem breaks free of all the cliche rhymes and schemes and you make it your own.

I adore the line "hells open arms to God's open gate." (thought gateS would be more effective, I think)

*clicks on favorite stories*

This was inspired.. Thank you for sharing.
Needa S chapter 1 . 7/19/2006
Beautiful, excellent work. I wish I had a pinch of your talent. Keep'em coming. God Bless ya!
SuzunaJaganashi chapter 1 . 7/18/2006
Wow. That's all I can say. Very powerful stuff you have here and it's true. Keep writing, you'll really touch people. You touched me.
Freed by Mercy chapter 1 . 7/17/2006
Last line, "by" should be "through"

suicidal "roam" not "roams"

Nice read, otherwise, especially the last 3 stanzas.
Faithless Juliet chapter 1 . 7/17/2006
I always enjoy your passion for the almighty; it's very innocent and moving.

The only part that I didn't like was the very last stanza - I think Christians (especially) but all religions as well tend to convert people with scare tactics (i.e. you're going to hell if you don't believe this) and I think that's just wrong. Keep up the good work.

Much love,Juliet.