Reviews for The Piper
Tabort chapter 1 . 10/27/2006
It's astounding how different The Piper is from your other two stories. I read it a while ago but never dropped a review and for that I'm rather ashamed because this is worth reviewing. I absolutely love the social commentary you have woven into The Piper. All too often people forget that life is more than when the next set of bills are due or how to plan around the work schedule. With each passing year I forget a little more what my childhood really was and The Piper stirred such resonating emotions. I don't believe I've read a short fiction that encompasses everything you've writen and is still writen well.
CJ Roberts chapter 1 . 7/21/2006
Hey Kitten, I liked this story a lot. It was bittersweet and I like the social commentary about how we don't imagine anymore and all that. I think it'd be cool if the daughter becomes a Piper and has adventures or something.
Forsvint chapter 1 . 7/20/2006
"We're all followed by a strange melody. We're all summoned by a tune. We're following the piper. And we dance beneath the moon..." Yes, I just quoted an Abba song... and no, I don't give a shit what anybody thinks about it. It was running through my head the whole time I read this. If you knew the song... you'd be singing it to. I mourn for the piper, and I empathize with Annie. But, I have to say, I cannot relate to Annie. Not entirely. I mean... I believe I've never stopped listening. The beginning of this story seemed a bit jumbled, but once the Piper was in the tree you had my attention. Loved the Pan reference. In fact, that was an excellent reference (way ta go Grecian Myth!) I will honestly say, that this story hit me emotionally. I can see the world through the Piper's eyes... and it breaks my heart. I know we all grow up (and neverland disappears a little) but reason and logic puts to death so many beautiful minds. Bravo Ms. Lobsterdevil! But I kept thinking... bag pipes (curious)
zakei chapter 1 . 7/20/2006
great fic. incredibly touching. i'll try nominate it for a one-shot competition. :) piper lives on, dosent he. in annies daughter. or so it seems to me. nights.
Tamblay chapter 1 . 7/18/2006
Aww...that was really sad...but I liked, probally one of the best short stories I've read! It's quite different from your other work but it really shows your ability to write! Well Done! Tamblay