Reviews for The Stupidity Crisis: Internet Edition
AllisonWalker chapter 1 . 7/12/2008
I do think about the kittens. That's why I don't use chat-speak. It makes my head hurt and eyes bleed. Thank you for the amusing essay.

~AllisonWalker
ChildeOfChaos chapter 1 . 2/20/2007
This is awesome, great job! I guess I shouldn't mention me bad habit of using chat speak...:)
Myrijana chapter 1 . 11/26/2006
Ned/Chav/Jock... THING!: Oi YaR a BuGa BeEyAtCh LoLz InIt LoLz CoZ yAz SiK cOz YaZ dIzIn Da ShEcKsHaY tEcKsHt ShPeEk!

I LOVE YOU! YOU ARE LITERALLY SPEAKING MY MIND! Why is it so much harder to type 'How are you? I'm alright. See you soon!' rather than:

a) how are you im alright see you soon

b) HOW AR3 Y00? 1M AlR1GHT. S33 Y00 $00N!

c) ow r u? im alryt. cu soon.

d) HoW aRe YoU ?
gangster-dolly chapter 1 . 7/21/2006
Hahah awesome. And so true. :P

Emily
My Guardian chapter 1 . 7/21/2006
It's nice to know that others are spreading the word on how detrimental to everyday life this plague really is. Chatspeak is a menace to society and must be eradicated in order to prevent such a thing to engulf the world again. It's already gotten bad; the few Grammar Nazis that are out there are doing the best they can. An essay such as this needs to be shown to the world. Nice to see that you're doing your part.

...

That aside, it was quite a well-written article. This is the first I've read, but I'm sure I'll enjoy your others as well. Keep it up~
do-i-exist chapter 1 . 7/20/2006
I agree. I am so sick of fucking chat speak. Why do people feel the need to walk around saying LOL instead of laughing, or OMG, as you pointed out. I found this to be a humourous piece. I like your writing style. Well written piece.
Lord Timothy chapter 1 . 7/20/2006
An excellent... satire I suppose? I'll admit at times it seems just short of scathing, but the point is well-conveyed, and kept light enough to be humorous. Speaking as a Grammar Nazi (Though my prowess has faltered since the Wave of Chat-Speak started assailing me) I can appreciate the various references to eye-gouging impulses, and the risk to the kittens. Though I'll mention one small recommended revisal: The last two sentences of the second-to-last paragraph both contain a similar cut of the phrase "unkown if this really works." I'd recommend changing one, because the repetition of sound strikes the ear as most uncouth.

Regards from a Grammar Nazi (Heil Webster?),Lord Timothy
Punk-Chicker88 chapter 1 . 7/19/2006
So true. If my friends use more than 2 chat-speak phrases in a sentance. Blocked. It doesn't take that much longer to say I got to go. G2G. Oh my God I want to kill someone!
KG Jonta chapter 1 . 7/18/2006