Reviews for The Ring of the Queen
Red Crown chapter 10 . 12/26/2008
I don't know what possessed me to read another chapter, but here I went and did it anyway. I just can't seem to put your story down. Anyway, this was awesome once again and now good night for real.
Red Crown chapter 9 . 12/26/2008
Tania and Staci have one striking commonality between them: they both make stupid choices.

Yet again you have not disappointed me. Aside from some minor spelling and grammer errors I found this to be very entertaining. I will need to continue this at a later time. Have a Happy New Year.
Red Crown chapter 8 . 12/26/2008
Once again it is a good work. I very much liked the idea of all her family members dying from "accidents." Staci really needs to start connecting those dots. Her life depends on it.
Red Crown chapter 7 . 12/25/2008
“She does not realize that the news is not the truth.”

The funniest and truest phrase in this whole chapter.

This chapter was full of suspense and humor once again. I can see that you are building the tension in your story very well. That is the mark of a good writer and I must commend you.
Red Crown chapter 6 . 12/25/2008
I must say that I think this chapter was incredibly funny. The phone call had me cracking up. Her mother was absolutely hilarious.

Over all, I found this chapter to be full of suspense and humor. I must continue.
Red Crown chapter 5 . 12/25/2008
Holy frickin crap. I decide to leave this story for a little while. Now I come back to it and the action and suspense starts to pump up here. I must say that I am impressed with this chapter. This is exactly the stuff I was waiting for.

I saw the tsar thing coming a mile away, but now that she knows she is it is getting more interesting.

By the way, "I was hit in the face with Russia." Good use of words.
Red Crown chapter 4 . 7/15/2008
Another enjoyable chapter. One thing that I must say I admire about your writing is that your detail in events is excellent and I can almost feel what the character is feeling emotionally speaking.

"What could happen?" Tania says.

Another horror movie style quote that adds to the tension. I am very much looking forward to the next chapter.

Also, I got your review once again. Thanks. I will need to continue reading this at a later time.
Red Crown chapter 3 . 7/6/2008
Once again, I was impressed with what I read.

When the Docter said, "There are some less than seemly elements roaming the streets of Moscow, especially at night.” I could not help, but think of the vicious Russian mafia. The Russian mafia today consists of some ex-Soviet government members who decided right after the collapse to become a bunch of Capitalist gansters. They do make the streets of Moscow incredebly dangerous.

Also, have you heard about the plans to turn the Soviet era landmark "Children's World" store into a new entertainment center/mall? I thought the idea was particularly interesting. However, I would not like to see the Sovet landmarks laid waste so quickly. I hope they keep most of them around.

"It’s getting late, and I can’t help it. I don’t want a guide. I want to do it myself. I’ve never gone out in a foreign country, and I want to do it our own way. I’ll protect you. I promise." Right after those words left Stacie's mouth I instantly had a horror movie flashback. Those are some famous last words, and I have no doubt that she is walking into trouble. I cannot read further as of now, but I look forward to the next chapter. So far, I like your work very much.
Red Crown chapter 2 . 7/6/2008
Hey, I got your review! Thanks.

I finished this chapter and again was impressed with what I read. I found few grammer errors and you seem to have a talent for writing with a lot of detail, which I particularly found to be very enjoyable.

It's on to the next chapter for me...
Red Crown chapter 1 . 6/29/2008
I have read some of this. At least what I have had time to read, about one and a half chapters. I have a profile on Fanfiction, however this is the first story to provoke a review out of me on FictionPress.

I must say that I am impressed with what you have so far. Like you, I too share a passion for Russia. However, my passion is in the years of the Soviet Union and mostly with their weapon systems. Russia has always proven that it can produce the arguably best weapons available in the twentieth and twenty-first centuries. Their newer weapons, such as the Sukhoi-35 fighter jet, are turning out to be even more remarkable than all of its western equivilants.

However, Russia today is corrupted and relatively poor. Vladimir Putin is attempting to restore the Soviet pride with the May 2008 victory day parade and long range Soviet style bomber patrols that trail into NATO skies. He is slowly restoring the Soviet dictatorship and it seems as if he will bring about a Neo-Soviet Empire. The future of Russia looks like a dark and grimm cloud that will swallow a lot lives in fire and blood.

I can't say whether or not I will get around to reading the rest of what you have. Well, keep writing.
Crystal Stevens chapter 1 . 11/12/2006
I have found this story very riveting, and it keeps me wanting to read more to find out what will happen next. I feel that Nina Kindred knows her subject, and this only adds more to the feeling of realism and that I am actually there experiencing Stacie's amazing adventure right along with her. So far, I have read the first 18 parts, and I can't wait to see how Nina will wrap it all up. It's a real page turner ;o).

Crystal Stevens
A.C. Burke chapter 27 . 11/11/2006
I absolutely loved the concept! Not a lot of stories out there about Imperial Russia (or, related to it - why's that, I wonder?), but I liked the idea you have here a lot.

"Tsar" is a perfectly legitimate Anglicized spelling to use - it's the most phonetically correct.

You mention that you've studied Russia a great deal and spent a lot of time there, but a few details to note:

- Even in January, the sun rises by 10 in St. Petersburg and doesn't set until 3 or 3:30.

- St. Petersburg was never called Stalingrad - Petrograd, Leningrad, yes, but Stalingrad was on the Volga and is now called Volgagrad.

- I noticed your Russian characters have proper (and popular) Russian names, but you give them English nicknames - ie, Nikolai is Nick, Aleksei is Alex. Generally, a Nikolai would be Kolya, an Aleksei would be Alyosha, etc.

- I lived in Petersburg for a while, and within the city limits, there's no such thing as a two-story house with a garage belonging to one person. Does Nadia live way out on the outskirts?

In no way take this to mean I didn't like the story - it was compelling, and I enjoyed it thoroughly. It took me back to a lot of places I remember fondly. I just wish Stacie had taken advantage of the crowd at the end and overthrown the mafia. I do hope you have another story up your sleeve!
trekboy chapter 25 . 10/25/2006
Keep going Nina

Can't wait till the next round of chapters come out

I love your work keep it up

See ya Thursday

Trekboy
Sandra Evans chapter 22 . 10/17/2006
I am truly enjoying this story. I love the concept behind it. It's the perfect blend of history and fantasy!
trekboy chapter 22 . 10/11/2006
GoNina

I love your style still, keep it up your fan trekboy