Reviews for Of Blood and Wings
dominicleo chapter 24 . 10/3/2008
hey the rubberband thingy actually works pretty well. It does with me anywho.
A Dark Ray of Hope chapter 24 . 10/20/2007
ooh..now that was a great (albeit sad) story...i had a hunch in the middle of the story that tate was the vampire who made alan..however, why did he have wings? was it just to distract the readers or something? and i'll be waiting for the prequel and the sequel..haha... :D
ham3 chapter 24 . 10/19/2007
Aw. I waited all these months for…Tate to just die? There wasn’t even a great death scene, cryptic last words, an interesting revelation, or anything satisfying. He just showed up dead.

I like Tate, I like Alan, I like their friendship, I like the themes of guilt and self-destruction, and I generally like the way you write. So I’m not sure why I don’t love the story. Hmm… Maybe I wanted “Of Blood and Wings” to be more poignant and complex. (Were guilt and self-injury the only themes in “Of Blood and Wings?” I could have missed some other themes…) Maybe I wanted Tate and Alan's characters to be more developed. And of course, I’m not too happy about the ending.

I’m looking forward to the prequels and sequels. Hope you do something drastically different with them; hope they’re not too similar to “Of Blood and Wings.” Maybe some cool fantasy stuff, some different themes, or different point-of-views. (You don’t have anything against using third-person point-of-view, do you?)

Question about your profile:

Your quote is "Do not think too deeply: your mind may float away." But a few lines down, you say, “I like stories that make me think, and I hope some of my writing reflects that.” So just what is your stance on the topic of thinking? :)
Stormie Greye chapter 23 . 10/19/2007
Oh my! Oh my my my! So Tate was the vampire all along! I never would have guessed that. Not at all...now that I'm understanding the story a little better-considering that the story is mainly about Tate even though it is in Alan's POV-I realize that this is a really good story! Some of it reminds me of a vampiric twist of the movie Stay. And now that I finally have uncovered some truth about Tate, I was truly sad to see him die. That makes me very curious about the sequel. Some part of me is hoping that Tate will somehow come back, and Alan and Tate could start over again, or attempt to improve their life. However, I am not so, so I have no control over what you decide to do. :) But I'll be excited about it whichever direction you makes things turn.

If you want some questions, man, do I have some questions for you! If I ask a question that will give away something in either the prequel or sequel, just let me know. Let's see...if Tate was the vampire all along, how old is he exactly? What's the age difference between Tate and Alan? What's the deal with Tate having wings? Did Tate know Alan before he changed him? Why exactly did Tate change him, and why him in particular? Was Tate hoping that maybe Alan could save him from himself deep down inside, and that he could find a friend in Alan to keep him moving on? How come Tate never told Alan that it was him when he clearly saw how much Alan wanted to know? Who's POV will the prequel and sequel be in?

Umm, I think that's enough questions for now. ;; I'm sure I'll think of more in the future, but the storyline really entrigues me. Especially Tate's character. I want to get inside his head and really understand him.

Congratulations on writing a wonderful story! It definitely kept me on edge to the last chapter, and it left me wanting more! I'm definitely anticipating the prequel and sequel, but take your time. :)
A Dark Ray of Hope chapter 22 . 10/6/2007
whoa. that was very..enlightening. haha. i was inclined to say "i knew it!", only to realize that all i had was a hunch, end it almost missed the mark. haha. i can't wait for the next chapter! :D
Stormie Greye chapter 22 . 10/6/2007
Whoa, whoa, whoa! Did I even read this correctly? Would you like to explain this chapter to me? o_O...

Did Tate really bite Alan? If he did, then why? I thought you said Tate's answer in the previous chapter was truthful! Ah! So confused!

But other than that, I'm really anticipating the final chapter! I don't mind if the story ends happily or tragic as long as I'm not left with my agonizing confusion. I just want to see some loose ends tied up and some answers. I understand that there's going to be a sequel, but you don't want to leave too many questions chilling out in the air. You shouldn't not answer anything at all. What I'm saying is that I want to see a solid ending-something that gives me closure but at the same time makes me anticipate the sequel. :)

I hope you're able to update soon!
Stormie Greye chapter 21 . 10/6/2007
Wow, I'm so behind with reviews. How's school been for you lately? I'm up to my neck with homework, exams, and college applications. :\

Anyways, yay for updates! This chapter seemed surprisingly short; I dunno why. Or maybe I'm just that into the storyline! Who knows. But I do have some more questions.

I remember before me bringing up the topic of Alan being a vampire. Now I'm wondering, what exactly IS a vampire in this story? What do you perceive them to be? Besides the part of having to survive off of blood, that is. Are they exactly like humans? Is that why even vampires can't seem to pick out their own kind apart from humans? Do they have fangs, or do they drink blood like Darren Shan's vampires? I'm sure not every vampire drinks a blood substitute like Alan does. However, I thik they do have fangs, right? I just now remembered Alan's memory of when it happened to him. He'd been bitten; it was described as beign a snake bite. So does Alan have fangs then? It wasn't ever mentioned. Do vampires have increases abilities, or just a prolonged life? Or does it come with time? It would greatly help me out if you could enlighten me. :)

I'm excited of the thought of a prequel and sequel! Which one will be started first?

Anyways...*goes off to the next chapter*
ham3 chapter 22 . 10/4/2007
Thanks for the recent batch of chapters! It was really nice of you to post them so quickly (I’m used to waiting for months for a fictionpress author to post another chapter of his/her story). You’re a really dedicated author.

Of course I’m thrilled that the last chapter is next! You’ve kept me in suspense and confusion for so long! I can’t wait to find out what’s up with Tate. Hope it’s an emotional ending. I don’t really mind if it’s a happy emotional ending or a tragic emotional ending, as long as I’m left with a lot of strange feelings and thoughts.

So you want questions from your readers, eh? Well I’ll probably have many questions and comments after I read the ending.
Stormie Greye chapter 20 . 10/1/2007
Ahh! He was SO close to answering, I just know it! I hope he answers next chapter! However, I am looking forward to Alan going to Koldnyte by himself. That's definitely something that would be interesting. Perhaps he might fit in a little better? Probably not, but at least he could try...which would spell out disaster. XD! I love Alan though. I think he's funny.
A Dark Ray of Hope chapter 21 . 9/30/2007
whoohoo! haha.. i wanna know the answer already (to lots of things)..haha..i have an inkling suspicion about tate...but then, i dunno, i could be wrong for all we know..haha... :D
A Dark Ray of Hope chapter 20 . 9/27/2007
oh come on! haha..another cliffie is really bad my dear.. :P

but then again, i'm still reading, which must mean that it's an effective way to captivate your readers.. :D

i wanna know tate's answer as well. :D
A Dark Ray of Hope chapter 19 . 9/20/2007
ah! *imitates falling over a cliff*

well, now this was something. i like their debate, although it wasn't as fierce or as heated as i thought it'd be. :D
Stormie Greye chapter 19 . 9/19/2007
Oh no, I'm falling! Ahh! Hmm...anyways, I'm now really really interested in how you're going to end this within three chapters. I remember reading that you have a tendency to end things sadly, so that makes me all the more curious. There's so many things you can do to send this sadly, or maybe you might have a surprise and end all happily and merrily...then it'll be like: whoa! Where's that come from!

I just hope no one dies! Alan! *hugs him while he's like, why is this strange lady hugging me...?* What would be really sad, though, is if you were to end this story without telling me Tate's secrets. x_X That would make me cry. XD! ...No, seriously. o_O;;

Oh yeah, pardon me for my very eccentric and strange review. It's called sleep deprivation-I become very silly with little to no sleep. :)

Not much going on in this chapter except putting me into more suspense then I'm already in. Now I have to interpret the meaning of Tate's dream and wonder what all he left out...hmm. I still wonder if Tate really does know more about everything than he's letting on, and he's just acting weird around Alan to torture him like he's torturing me. Yup, I think that's it. *nods* Well, thank you for reading my nonsense rambles. Hope you don't think I'm crazy! ;) Also hope you update again soon.
Stormie Greye chapter 18 . 9/15/2007
Ahh! You're killing me! I'm in desperate wanting for answers, and it seems the plot continues to grow with more questions arrising. I think it'll be very interesting seeing how you decide to end this since you said the end is coming near. I wonder how you'll answer all the questions in the few remaining chapters.

I wonder if Tate meant what he said when he said he was thinking about becoming a vampire. Is it because of what his own palm told him? Was he supposed to die young, or contract some kind of fatal illness? Is he thinking about vampirism to prevent whatever it was? Or is he jealous of Alan being a vampire and possibly outliving him, assuming you make that a common vampiric trait?

Why was Tate doing that with the rubber band? Was he trying to make it bleed in the presense of Alan? I probably overanalysed that part, but I'm not too sure. As for Tate's aunt, was that a true fact? If so, what was she like? Was she like Tate, or was she normal? What happened to her?

Ahh! The suspense is killing me. I hope you're able to update again soon. :)
A Dark Ray of Hope chapter 18 . 9/13/2007
i wanna read more! haha..i'm starting to get confused at this point, partly because things just took on a new turn and i wasn't able to really understand them all. i hope that the next chapters will be an enlightening chapter of sorts. :D
56 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »