Reviews for My Mother in Virginia
Rayne Halberd chapter 1 . 7/21/2006
I concede to you. You are a much better poet than I ever will.
Dale Christopher chapter 1 . 7/21/2006
I love how this kind of mixes now with then. American history is very interesting, and this seems a very fitting (and beautiful) portrit. The last line was fantastic.

Peace
Moondog Dozier chapter 1 . 7/20/2006
I like how this is steeped in history and yet it comes across as a modern portrait. Specifics, and uniqueness make this a wonderful read. The weaving of historical references really enhances the totality of this. Gives it a timelessness of spirit. Great write.
method acting chapter 1 . 7/20/2006
That last fragment is intense. I like hte general feel to this piece. It's sort of airy. I like the direct relations and the foggy descriptions mixed. Very nice. Made me feel good.
i am pookie chapter 1 . 7/20/2006
this reminds me of a more interesting history book.

this could be a very controversial poem, if the war they had lost, the one you seem to be lamenting (at least the main character in this poem) was indeed the civil war.

anyway, great imagery, I really do love the scenes this poem flashes through my mind.
Nobody-n-Particular chapter 1 . 7/20/2006
I especially enjoyed the "silently suicidal puritans"
Marry My Pie Please chapter 1 . 7/20/2006
Beautiful wording. I was born in Virginia myself, and I still remember much of the scenery and the talk of 'the better life'. Still young, but sometimes I wish I could see what it was like.

I especially loved:"We were,acrossthe riveryoung brides"

I'm not sure of the true meaning, but in mine, it reminds me of when everything was innocent, virginal.

Lovely poem.