Reviews for Tips for Writing Useful Reviews
Persnickety Fox chapter 1 . 12/21/2011
These tips are just what I needed! I've been reading a story from an author who had worked very hard on her work but I didn't know how to help her out without sounding harsh. Thank you for the breaking down what to do.
Miri1653 chapter 1 . 6/2/2011
Hi, how do you post a story on this site? Does anyone reading this know?
heart's longing chapter 1 . 3/19/2011
Thank you so much for compiling and posting these tips!

I am just learning to write, and knowing that I will be critiqued, would like to "pay it forward" by offering some insights to other aspiring authors. The problem was, I didn't know how to write a useful review, and what points I ought to be looking for. I found this article to very clear and useful.

I'm going to Favorite this one!
MidNight The Magnificent chapter 1 . 10/30/2009
Yeah man! Good advice there, my friend. Gods, I wished some of the people who reviewed me had read this essay first. It's not that I don't appreciate all sorts of reviews, but stuff like "OMG. Really luved it!" do absolutely nothing for me. Sure, it MAY be useful for people who don't have an ego like mine, but I, personally, really don't need them.

Yes, "OMG. Really luved it!" is a fine opinion, but I also really want to know WHY (you) "Really luved it!"

Hope this is a useful review to ya...

Keep writing,

MidNight
Brenda Agaro chapter 1 . 7/3/2009
Great tips. I'll definitely use them when writing reviews. :-)
Birdie Shalii chapter 1 . 4/24/2009
All I have to say is thank you. :)
B. J. Winters chapter 1 . 1/15/2009
Stumbled on this and thought I would just add to the other reviewes my own thank you for your summary and tips. Well written and all valid points.
Farah chapter 1 . 12/14/2008
Wonderful guide. This should me to reviews others' works from now. Thanks. :)
Relala chapter 1 . 9/15/2008
Awesome list of how to review, I really loved it! I think all lot of people should have this recommended to them because they don't have a bloody clue on how to submit a halfway decent comment. The style you did this in, almost point form facts, was smart and useful. I also completely loved how good you weer at adding facts as detail and would love to see more of this from you soon.
GrannyP chapter 1 . 9/1/2008
Hey, I just saw this on written's c2 and felt compelled to read just in case I was doing some kind of fatal flaw in my reviews. I like what you had to say.

Anyway, I am glad to see that you have the first and last rule that I like to go by. Start with something positive and end with something positive. This is the major rule I was taught to live my life by. Seriously, this should be the rule of life, regardless of if you're talking about reviews or meeting someone or whatever. Of course... look at me... I just tend to ramble uncontrollably and not follow the rules at all...
Written chapter 1 . 8/27/2008
hey you! I've already spammed you today with LJ comments, but I thought I'd let you know that I'm adding this to my community, because I think it's a good, concise write up on how to review :)

like your other reviewers on this essay have noted, it is intimidating to review a piece on this subject...
Twilight Starr chapter 1 . 11/20/2007
Very straightford and professionally written piece. It's easy reading with screen friendly and reading friendly. Nice title. Good luck with writing, life, and those reviews. Have a wonderful day.

Twilight Starr
fairy219 chapter 1 . 7/8/2007
I've recommended this guide to a LOT of people.

RingWarriorAzec2012 chapter 1 . 1/22/2007
This feels weird reviewing a review tips essay! This is really useful! I do try to review in depth but I often don't have time!

A lot of people I know on really need to learn how to review! Could I put the first and last tips on my profile there because it could really help some people not to cause petty vendettas about over critical reviews!

Keep up the good work.
writergurlLW chapter 1 . 1/17/2007
Reviewing has always been quite a problem for me and I would like to thank you for creating this guide. I will try to make my next review this thorough and to do that I will have to save this in my favorites.