Reviews for Nothing important, merely my thoughts
Ms. Walker chapter 10 . 10/14/2008
That's something scary to think about.

Could be, at least.

The future; how the present contributes to it; when times fades from future, to present, to past...

Why /do/ we take these courses? Would we if we didn't have to take anything? Does anyone really think about the future on their own?

To be happy, or glamorous? Does either define the other in some cases if any?

Haha, too many questions. Thee's that future, yes. Careers, life on our own. And then even imediate or almost so that can seem even cloudier than what's much further down the way.

Losing control, or having none to begin with.

To connect, "You could be an engineer!" So I take advanced math and science...because I can and for the future someone else told me might happen.

Amusing, yeah. That far off stuff. But all of it can be scary, right?

Sorry, I guess this is more a response than review.

They ask 'What do you want to be when you grow up?' to let those kids know there's something beyond this. To get them thinking about it before they should have to. About a future built by others. To set high goals, maybe. Impossible. Or just so they'll mkae up their mind young, and follow that blindly, not really knowing if they're happy or not because they can stupidly say, "I've always wanted to do this!" xDD Cynical.

Yeah. Let's not think about futures, but live for them, and for today, and in spite of the past. Cry when we need to. Break down and feel miserable, laugh uncontrollably, wonder think and work.

There's more to the future than...the future.

If that makes sense.

Haha, sorry for the 'review' that's longer than your actual thought entry. And keep thinking. )

Dem
VelvetyCheerio chapter 9 . 9/24/2008
Hehe, at least you didn't slip on a bar of soap or a banana peel. Interesting thought. I often think of what people will do after I die. Or how it's going to feel not existing. That's a good one. Perhaps you will think on it, hmm? Velvet.
VelvetyCheerio chapter 8 . 9/24/2008
You should have suggested they look at your suicide for dummies chapter. That's really evil of me. Really, once you've seen one emo kid, you've seen 'em all. The same hair, clothes, piercings, drug abusings . . . It's like looking at a revolving plate of faces.

But hey, at least they don't make drama. Unless it's concerning themselves. Velvety.
VelvetyCheerio chapter 7 . 9/24/2008
Tadpoles are cute, why would you kill them? I love the chapter title. It made me smile. Velvet.
VelvetyCheerio chapter 4 . 9/24/2008
I'm not quite sure I like this one. A lot of things on the internet really do push people to suicide, it's a pandemic! The second to last sentence really hit hard for me, though. "if you truly are as empty as you think you are, they really don't care, because you were a heartless bastard." That was brilliant. That's a wake up call for me.

Really though, this could be a way of speaking out against suicide. Not a lot of people are comfortable with the fact that they could do nothing to stop the very person they talked to yesterday from killing themself. I mean, I felt terrible when a rabbit of mine died from heartbreak. I kept thinking that there was something that I could have done different to save her life, but I couldn't. Death is not a fun topic to mess around with, but I applaud you for stepping up to the challenge and showing the world what you think. Velvet.
VelvetyCheerio chapter 3 . 9/24/2008
Once again, this chapter is thoughtful of mind. A handicapped man once told me, "War is a necessary evil." This world is coming to its carrying capacity with a whooping 6 point something billion people, not even counting animals. We are going to come to a point where the earth shoves back and says enough. I mean, look at the dinosaurs. Thousand ton animals all living at once. The earth reached its carrying capacity and shoved them out.

I guess war is just an instinct of man to get the population down. While it may be stupid and focused on the most ridiculous topics imaginable, it is a necessary evil. Velvet.
VelvetyCheerio chapter 2 . 9/24/2008
Interesting somethings you've got here. Good way to get people to read it by starting off with religion too: the most controversial topic of the world.

You're right, humans are selfish. We believe that in this world, there are people now like there were people then; those who were divinely chosen by God. I don't believe that such a man exists. I also think that once you die, you dead. Hehehe! But really. For all those people who do believe in the "Bible", a really good storybook if you ask me, they should know that no one goes to Heaven until God says so.

A very interesting thing you have here. You are ingenious of mind for coming up with it and daring to do what most consider offensive. VelvetyCheerio.
Oracle of Destiny chapter 9 . 10/23/2007
I sometimes think about death and it just scares me to say the least. But I don't think you're morbid - you're just questioning life and death I think.
Oracle of Destiny chapter 8 . 10/23/2007
True. There are far too many emos - I mean, what the hell is it with slitting your wrists? That's stupid!
Oracle of Destiny chapter 7 . 10/23/2007
LOL I like frogs.
Oracle of Destiny chapter 6 . 10/23/2007
Oh, that's unfair...what do you mean by "general suckage"?
Oracle of Destiny chapter 5 . 10/23/2007
You know, I haven't worn contacts - I have stuck with my glasses. True, contacts are really a pain in the arse!
Oracle of Destiny chapter 4 . 10/23/2007
I really hate it when people attempt to commit suicide as it just seems so undignified and wrong. They could at least go through consulling rather than turn to the extreme.
Oracle of Destiny chapter 3 . 10/23/2007
True, I agree with what you just said. War is pointless and it doesn't solve anything too.
Oracle of Destiny chapter 2 . 10/23/2007
Yes, well I agree with on some things that you said. Religion is the main cause why Middle-Eastern countries are acting out terriosm, saying "God told me to do this."