Reviews for The Only Difference in the World
Kristina Suko chapter 1 . 9/17/2006
Again, your sincerity is awesome. I hope that veganism doesn't become worldwide... lol, I mean... um. Yea... not that I have anything against it, but if people didn't eat animals, we'd have an ovverun world. Not to mention, other animals eat other animals... anyways, good job.

Maranwe Telrunya
Charming Dice chapter 1 . 8/26/2006
You sure have some well thought out opinions. I think that's great. You make me wanna go find out what a vegan is. I never had a clue, and still don't, but it wouldn't hurt to find out.

I would've read your novel, but I saw the word yaoi and... well, lets just say that idea died a horrible death. I'm sure its great for people who like those types of stories, though.

Keep up the good writing. By the way, you wouldn't happen to know what spam is made of, would you?
diamond-dust08 chapter 1 . 8/19/2006
i just had to stop by and comment. not exactly a review, but it FP counts it as one so what the heck...

like with Stop and Think, the emotional value of this essay is palpable and bittersweet. however, i like the other one for the single reason that this was a direct attack (well, not really) on people's preferences on food. while i DO respect the opinion of vegetarians (as i do respect anyone of religious inclination), it would probably take more than an essay, even one as moving and meaningful as this, to convert them from nearly a lifetime of eating meat.

from a purely practical view, humans eat meat because we are the dominant race on this planet. on a more sinister view meanwhile, we eat meat because we can, and the animals were made to be subservient to us (remember animals were commanded by God to be our helper and to be lesser than us). and in a more scientific viewpoint, it was by eating meat that the early human race evolved into a highly intelligent species. anthropology establishes the fact that hunting live animals made the necessary stepping stone for the evolution of early humans, because hunting, with its complexity, needed a bigger brain and higher intelligence (although you'd probably say we're not hunting animals to serve at our table now).

as i said before, this is just a personal comment and not a review, but i sure noticed how powerful and talented a writer you are. i'm fine with vegetarians, goths, deviants, Wiccans, anyone so don't take it against me if i expressed a view totally blasphemous to your own.

keep producing more works like this! you're really good!

DD
Durandel chapter 1 . 8/16/2006
Powerful words, you're a natural at writing these essays you know that? This was good.
rust phoenix chapter 1 . 8/11/2006
This is very well written and convincing. I liked your first essay too, but I think this one is more powerful. I especially liked the last line in this.

Did you know that since it became "trendy" to be a vegan/vegetarian/health food consumer, a lot of companies claim their food is more humane than it is? For a chicken to be considered free-range, it legally only has to "have the opportunity to leave its cage for five minutes a day."

I'm getting kind of off-topic, but anyway, there's an idea for if you want a topic to write another essay on.
Callum Sirryn-Sehnya chapter 1 . 7/29/2006
So, this is a kinda sequel thing huh? oh good, more thinking for me to do. or is that bad? i don't know, yet. this is like some kinda speech, it should be published on television, then it would make a difference. nice.
Tsumujikaze no Soujutsu chapter 1 . 7/26/2006
Well, good story for we all to think about... btw, are you a vegetarian? Sorry if I asked that 'cuz from what you've said here, I've just got the impression... ok, stop here for now. Pretty brain dead due to prologed fatigue... x_x Bye!
Derek57 chapter 1 . 7/24/2006
Poor animals! *sobs again* I love you animals...

I'm going to write a letter..."dear chickens..." okay, how can I WRITE a letter to a chicken?

Never mind, I'm going weird again. lets spare a thought for the chickens...

great fic/essay thing you have here!

from a very confused, moved and slighty hyperactive Derek x
Hawk Raskenark chapter 1 . 7/22/2006
Short, sweet, and to the point. But, it's something that not many people will want to go through.

Good, gets the message across, I like it. It's just...I'm not going to change my lifestyle that easily, and a lot of other people feel the same way.
Eric Lupin chapter 1 . 7/22/2006
Glad that you've followed up your last story; this is a really cool idea! It really makes you stop and think. Keep up the brilliant work, both with your fiction and shounen ai (yay! n_n) and this poltical writing! You're a very talented author(ess)! Eric P.S. I'm going away for a week, so I won't be able to review anythin you post for a while. Just thought I'd let you know that it's nothing personal! Lol!