Reviews for Brown Eyes
Du chapter 31 . 9/10
Reading "yes there will be an epilogue" and then not seeing one got me yelling at my screen. That only lasted a couple of minutes though. I don't know if there will ever be an epilogue, but even if there isn't, I just want to say I am okay with this. I like abrupt endings; I hate it when stories are dragged on past the climax just to show the super happy life the protagonists share in the future. I discovered this fic yesterday while procrastinating in class, and I just couldn't let it go. It's a teen romance story, but it is also so much more. It is a love so mature that age becomes irrelevant. It is a beautiful story about two people who can't live without each other, who struggle knowing they'll never outlive their love, yet still try and try to fight it. I loved it. It made me cry. A LOT. The way you were able to convey such deep emotions in your writing is simply brilliant. I loved the way you portrayed the relationship; there was nothing physical, just some eye on eye action at the most. No kissing or anything above that, just pure unadulterated emotion. And that made it the more powerful.
Sorry in advance, because I can already tell this review is going to be quite the length. Hell, I'm not even sure you'll read this! But I just really wanted to say THANK YOU for writing this fic, and thank you for sharing it with us lucky readers. As it went on, I kept reading your Author's Notes and I have to agree it became a story about how Cassidy matured. I'm glad you never wrote the story from Dante's point of view; I loved making out in my mind what would probably be running through his. And besides, he's a guy, he wasn't that hard to figure out even in the first chapters... I understand why you switched in chapter 29 out of Cassidy's mind just so we could get some insight into the conversation between Dante and Laurita - I thought it was necessary. And btw, I'm Spanish and I loved how the European people in your story weren't British, French or Italian, because they are just a constant cliché in all fics I read. Also, one of my surnames (you know we use both parents' here) is Quevedo, and I was thrilled when I read it, even if I didnt' particularly take a liking to Laurita. And thank you for the 'correct' description of her (and I don't mean about her being beautiful, though hey, good thinking): contrary to popular belief (and sadly, in my opinion) us Spanish folk are not as exotic and gorgeous looking as Latinos are, and I hate reading people talk about Spaniards looking exotically gorgeous because it goes against my self-consciousness issues (my hair is practically golden blonde, hello?).
Anyway, SORRY for rambling. I just have a lot to say. I really liked how you merged the flashbacks into the story. It gave insight into the characters without it being forced on the story (i.e. in constant dreams or such). And, like I said at the beginning, I like this last chapter, and I accept it as the ending to the story, no epilogue needed. That last conversation gives insight into a future together life between Cassidy and Dante, and that's enough for me. I loved chapter 29, really. And I must say I NEVER felt like the story was dragging; it was just right - they were both struggling with a lot, and it made sense that everything progressed so slowly, because they were still tentative of each other. Chapter 29 was perfect timing, and I feel like this last chapter brings the story to a close nicely, confirming their togetherness, even if still 'hiding'.
All of that said (SORRY), I would also love it if there was an epilogue (subtle, aren't I?). So, I'll stop rambling now. Just, thank you for this story, I know I'll reread it some day. I wish you the best in life.
New reader chapter 31 . 7/17
Such a great story, well done. your writing is brilliant- a few typos but with a story this long that is expected. I like how you have not made cassidy a Mary sue but she has real flaws and isn't perfect at everything i.e sports and not everyone likes her haha. I love how strong willed she is but the only annoying thing about her is how she declares her "hate" for Dante- that just never really made sense- I understand that she was trying to move on but to hate (or pretend to hate) someone (who she is actually in love with) just sounded like a strange way to cope with the situation. however the characters that really bothered me were Dante and Laurita. For instance Dante is back in the country and hoping to win cassidy back yet feels the need to put pictures of him and his Spanish girlfriend in his room and car (who puts framed photos in the car anyway?). Also why would he help laurita come to the country when he is intent on being with Cassidy- way to try and win cassidy back buddy! Also it has only been a year since the accident and so how could he go from being so in love with Cassidy to forgetting about her and falling in love with another girl who apparently he wasn't even interested in prior to the accident. I can understand he might have started to like her but falling in love takes time and when you feel that intensely about someone else surely it should be difficult to even remotely contemplate loving someone else so soon after. Did any of his friends try to intervene and help him out or does laurita take full credit? onto laurita, I just don't like her. first of all her looks sound too good to be true- I have never seen anyone who looks like "live art" so it's hard for me to even picture her in my mind. Ok she is supposed to be really sweet and perfect at everything and then you throw in the fact that she is so desperate to get with dante that she practically raped the guy when he was at his lowest point and actually thought he was dreaming and having sex with someone else- now that is desperation at its peak. She was happy being the rebound girl all this time and even by the last chapter she is still determined to try and get back with him even though she knows he still loves Cassidy- the girl needs a good punch in the face and a one way ticket back to Spain. However saying all that I do now feel sorry for the character since she is stuck in the country for the next few months whilst the person she loves is with someone else. I guess that is punishment enough for her mistakes.

So despite my stupid rant above, I still love this story and really really hope you get the inspiration and motivation to write and post the epilogue. An epilogue would really tie the story up perfectly and give your readers the happy ending they having waiting for.

All the best x
Guest chapter 18 . 6/13
Oh my God.

Damn it.

Why is this so damn angsty?

I just...

Crap. The feels are starting to assault me.
Guest chapter 14 . 6/13
Dammit now I just want Rick to get together with her to spite Dante. OH MY GAWD. DON'T BE A FUCKING IDIOT. SHE'S RIGHT THERE.

Guest chapter 11 . 6/13
damn it, WHAT HAPPENED?!

I could hit Dante right now. OH MY GOD.
Guest chapter 1 . 6/3
(Are you updating this this year btw? Btw are you not getting my texts? Or am I not geting yours? It'd be great if we could meet one of these days. mwah!)
Apology chapter 1 . 5/22

I'm writing this to say sorry for writing an unnecessary comment on this story. It was from a "PissedOffReader" and basically me ranting on how you didn't care about the people who read this story, which isn't a fair claim.

Even if you don't care what a stranger has to say and I know I wrote that a long time ago, I still feel like I owe you an apology. Thank you for sharing novels/short stories on here for others to read.
peppermint tea leaves chapter 31 . 5/1
Ahh I miss this story! So much.

I don't know if you saw my other review but too it's Sanjana. I created a new Facebook after the deleted one. It's been a long time, let's catch up ;u;
Crush chapter 31 . 4/25
Theres going to be an epilogue... right?

Anyways, this one's a good read. Thank you. Your works are AWESOME xx
LizBiz2029 chapter 6 . 4/12
Wow- in my review for the last chapter, when I hoped that Dante and Cassidy would realize their true feelings- I didn't think that it would happen so fast. Huh. Well, yay anyway. :D Great chapter, very sweet. I loved it.

Stay true,
LizBiz2029 chapter 5 . 4/12
awwwww... The last moment was so sweet. 3 I'm a huge romantic at heart and that was just too cute... Huh. It looks like Dante liked Cassidy even when he was 16. The first part was hilarious- I tried to get a spoon to bend before too. Unfortunately, it didn't work.
Soooo- A love/hate relationship. I hope Dante and Cassidy will stop biting each others' heads off and realize their true feelings. Of course, that might be rather boring, so- drama please! XD
Anyway, great chapter/story/writing. I love your writing style and the flashbacks are pretty cool. (I love writing, so I can appreciate good writing when I see it.)

Be awesome,
SO chapter 31 . 3/25
Guest chapter 14 . 3/25
So, Dante likes Laurita and the girl?
gyoung chapter 31 . 12/29/2014
Speechless. I love this story. Character development was just wow. I have to admit I liked the rebel Cass but her softie self is also an amazing character. I laughed with her, cried with her, felt ny heart break when she admitted to having suicidal thoughts. It all felt so real, because of how you describe things. You lost me for a moment because I believed Cass and Anderson would not end up together. Just, magnificent. Kudos to you :)
gyoung chapter 18 . 12/29/2014
The way the story is written is different, but a good different. In fact, it's refreshing. I want to continue reading because, apart from being confused, I want to know what happens; I have to know what happens.
4,217 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »