Reviews for Concupiscence
Guest chapter 1 . 10/18/2014
It's a okay story, if Iris was a female well that's a hole new story.
I'm sorry, but I can't stand gay books, because all the gay guy's are hot.
I like having gay friends, but I hats gay books.
The only reason I'm reading it is because I like the story. Not the gay part.
sylenctone chapter 60 . 5/1/2008
Oh dear. I'm really torn here. I *so* want everything to work out with Iris and his lover's 'true self' (so difficult to discuss without a name!) but I have this sinking feeling that it's not going to go well at all. I think Iris really does love the 'real' personality inside there, but I'm not sure he's ready to help it adjust to life without a character. I hope I'm wrong. My fangirl paranoia has been known to be wrong before, and I'd be really glad if it was... but I still have this foreboding feeling that something is going to go rather unexpectedly. Though I am kind of excited for Lamies to come back. I sort of like him. He's got spunk. heh.

Thanks for writing!

Your paranoid fan,

jess
sylenctone chapter 59 . 4/29/2008
It was a wonderful surprise to see this updated! Thank you! (It's a dangerous thing, this pandering to my fangirl tendencies. Your in-boxes may fill up with verbose reviews riddled with wild theories and inane(sometimes insane)observations! You have been warned! :)

I'm quite curious to see what sort of job Iris might find to do. His lack of experience with technology might cause a bit of problem. (He was so cute, all proud of himself for figuring out the TV.) That is, if he manages to focus for long enough to do so. They remind me of kittens sometimes: easily distracted by shiny objects and sleep. I really enjoy the banter between the two, even when they're talking about nothing. I laughed aloud (at work) at:"Bah, who's in a hurry?" "Certainly not us." "Certainly not." Such fun! The serious moments do seem to blend naturally with the more light hearted conversation. I, like Iris, snatch at every tiny bit Ashley lets drop about his past characters and the 'real' one behind it all.

I think it is interesting that Iris seems to be growing more comfortable with the idea of Ashley's past lives. Sometimes I wonder if it is not Ashley that he loves but rather the nameless 'core' that is behind all of them, the 'fox' that hordes mementos and pictures. It's quite fun to try to guess which aspects of the Ashley we see are just the character, and which are really the 'core' shining through. I love this way to describe that self too: "Where 'I' is not Ashley in particular." It made me smile. They both seem to be worried about the same thing, the inevitable day when they have to part ways. They just worry in different ways.

I've rambled quite enough, I think. (Though it's made my workday pass much faster!) Thank you very much for writing!

Your overly curious and rather verbose fan,

jess
sylenctone chapter 58 . 4/27/2008
Your writing is addictive! I spent the vast majority of today reading this story from the beginning, and I've come to really enjoy it. I'm rather attached to your characters as well. And while it does seem that they spend large amounts of time doing very little or sleeping, their adventures are interesting and enthralling nonetheless.

Thank you for writing!

-jess
ngt chapter 50 . 4/14/2007
i like the story, can't wait to read more.

i hope you write more about iris' past.
WickedRedHead chapter 9 . 3/31/2007
Loving the story, have to go to bed now but i will finish reading it. Awesome job!

WickedRedHead
trash can art chapter 1 . 7/24/2006
Aw, well this was quite cute. Plan to continue or is this a one shot?