Reviews for I am Not a Poet
One-Hand Clap chapter 1 . 6/9/2008
What a charming poem! (or Anti-Poem... Is this the Dada version of a poem? I think maybe!)... The reason this poem is charming is because of it's bluntness - as well as the format. The way you use many words/synonyms to reiterate one thought is truly unique - and it's how many writers' minds work, so it's relatable. Also, the phrase 'intellectual blackmarket' - who woulda thunk it? It's great!

- One Hand Clap
a silenced revolution chapter 1 . 3/28/2007
Me neither.

Oh, the poem: (but if it is a poem, and you wrote it, doesn't that make you a kind of poet?... uh oh...)

Interesting. I like all the words and phrases with slashes in between them. It adds to the fascinating quality of the piece. I rather like it. Keep writing.
Violet Marx chapter 1 . 8/6/2006
I half feel I know what it means, half don't.

But it's a good, inspiring feeling.

In other words, I only comment on the pieces I like.

I like the words of this piece. I can't describe my feelings beyond that.
egwshrgfdf chapter 1 . 8/4/2006
Y'know, considering the quality of the work, this poem's title seems kinda ironic. P Excellent work.

First off, I love how you structured this one. The bracketing/bolding/etc of words kinda gave it extra flavour that drew me in (yeah, I litterally judge books by their covers some times. _ sue me). I think you hit the nail right on the head for two reasons, mainly since 1) I've never really believed that poets should actually refer to themselves as such (I dunno, seems kinda egotistical), and 2) Most modern poets are nothing like those poets of ye olde days, so you can't really lump them into the same category.

...and hell, if that's wrong, you made me think. XD Awesome job on that.

Still, I loved the word usage, and "& I hate poets/(except the ones who have not discovered mirrors/audiences/themselves/& the rules/requests/desire to please others)" was an excellent stanza. So excellent, I think I'll favourite this one. _

And hey, thanks for the multitude of, um...kind reviews. XD I'll try my best to pay ya back for 'em sometime.
sugar hype q chapter 1 . 8/3/2006
Heh heh. Liar.
TheNewUnderground chapter 1 . 7/31/2006
I love this. Especially the concept of the intellectual black market.
Miss Lily Rose chapter 1 . 7/26/2006
I favorited this. Because I could. :) ( And because this is a totally AWESOME poem. I feel like it belongs somewhere, with something, but I can't think of what.)
my-vision chapter 1 . 7/26/2006
If this poem had to be summarized in one word, it would be - okay, that's too hard. Let's see:I like the reference to garbage, because this poem is sort of mismatched with the italics and boldfaces, /'s and &'s. You are a master, in this poem, and spacing and making use of the (web)page. Nice.
poet tree chapter 1 . 7/25/2006
Ouch.

This completely sizzles at all the poets out there who who really don't write much but prepackaged teen angst. And it's kind of ironic that the message gets through using exactly the same formatting that us teenies use. Good job.
Countess Chocula chapter 1 . 7/25/2006
Wow! Great job! (I know, I give sucky generic compliments, but whatever) I really liked this, especially the way you used italics and boldfaced text.

We seem to be dipping into similar idea bins. Odd.

(Also, you're right. Evanescence DOES rule.)
An Insomniacs Rebellion chapter 1 . 7/25/2006
Agreed.

And I've been sitting on my lazy ass reading this week as well.

An Insomniac
Prevaricate chapter 1 . 7/25/2006
"Poets are profound only to themselves."

Best line I've read in more than a week. And I've read a lot this week.