Reviews for The Perfect Society
moongazer7 chapter 1 . 9/14/2008
Ha, kind of surreal, but I suppose.
mmmmmmmm chapter 1 . 12/22/2006
look up 'harrison bergeron' and read it. it's a short story by kurt vonnegut, and it's also on the topic of extreme equality. although he takes in the opposite direction you do: instead of making everyone perfect and beautiful to be equal, he takes them backwards and makes everyone be untalented and ugly. funny. yours is better, although you are writing the 'perfect' society not the 'completely equal' society.

i have to say, though, that the thing with the girls having a hard time believing in jesus? since anyone who believes in god is shot down as an idiot these days [which bothers me, because i am one of those people and i am not an idiot] chances are in this 'perfect' society you'd 'disappear' for not being an atheist.
phantom-jedi chapter 1 . 9/24/2006
Scary. Were I in that society, I would have ceased to exist a long time ago. Conformity is one of those frightening subjects. All are perfect all are the same. You caught that well here.

Should you develop this into a novel, it would make an interesting read.

phantom_jedi
bookfae31 chapter 1 . 7/26/2006
I absolutely love where you're going with this! The whole "perfect society" thing is something I also love to read and write about. It's interesting. Have you ever read Fahrenheit 451? I hope you continue with this.
Samana chapter 1 . 7/26/2006
I like this a lot actually, makes a very good point. its not a litterary accomplishment of epic poportion, yet i don't think it was intended to be, i like it a lot, your points are very clear, good description, easy to guess the inspriration, like it a whole lot, peace
J'Adore Les Phoques chapter 1 . 7/26/2006
Hm... Christians rule, I guess. Is this going to be continued? I mean, if not, you still did pretty well, but I'd just like to see more because I'm greedy :O
lifesabeach chapter 1 . 7/26/2006
I like it. Keep going. It is a different take on the whole "perfectly developed society" for sure. Making it out of plastic instead of genetics is a fun idea. Or dark. Have you ever been to Newport Beach, CA? This program is already in effect there.