Reviews for Ayn Rand's Beauty
aims80 chapter 1 . 3/13/2008
I have said this before- and no doubt I will say it again and again- but I really do admire people who can write poetry. Even more so people who can write something short like this that at the same time gives you so much to think about and describes things so well. You are a very good poet- probably one of the best I have seen on this site. I espeically loved this one and also "The Oddness We Love" as well. (I couldn't say it on there as I'd already reviewed it at some stage.)
Dragen Eyez chapter 1 . 3/6/2007
There's a lot of feeling here. I probably took something completely different from it than you intended, but here's what I got: greed, power, that's my idea of greatness in cities... leads to destruction... of those cities. I'm strange, I know.
Kelpylion chapter 1 . 10/31/2006
without the title, I would interpret this as a nihilistic commentary -but Ayn Rand? Maybe the title must be considered part of the poem, in some cases -ought to take that up with my Eng lit class.

For seventeen (or 19) syllables, you induced much thought; therefore, a success.
the naked civil servant chapter 1 . 10/25/2006
"the gathering greatness"... that sounds apocalyptic...

i adore it. it seems so pressurized. i mean... such a build-up, so tense, ominous. LOOMING :D
sarah1491 chapter 1 . 9/25/2006
Nice. I like haiku poetry. It is short enough that you can't possibly get bored reading it. :P You did a great job with this one. Keep writing!

sarah
Britani- Friend of the Bears chapter 1 . 9/19/2006
Here here! Ayn Rand is a marvelous writer...her words are immortal...
greenGalilee chapter 1 . 9/7/2006
Great is one of the best I have seen in quite along time.
beti213 chapter 1 . 9/2/2006
haha I loved reading Ayn Rand, but I don't think I like her particularly... v. stimulating, though. and cities- the greatest human victories- burning, presumably in the conflagrance of their own corruption. a would ring of atlas shrugged even without the title. good stuff.
Basnirka amaterka chapter 1 . 8/30/2006
Made me think of Prague, my homecity, shining into the night, as seen from the hills in the countryside. Nicely done. Although very abstract, also very visual.
lackluster chapter 1 . 8/30/2006
"rising orange in/a flame of cities" like the top of the tower.

i like this.
simpleplan13 chapter 1 . 8/25/2006
beautiful descriptions.. great piece
egwshrgfdf chapter 1 . 8/23/2006
...um, wow. o_o Talk about imagery that hits you right in the face! That was great!

Easily one of the best haiku(s) I've ever read.
MallowsWins chapter 1 . 8/22/2006
Interesting, this made me think. To be honest I'm not sure what you are going for here, but none the less, an interesting read.

Daze
FunkyFlower chapter 1 . 8/20/2006
i like this. loved that phrase 'gathering greatness', thx for the review froggy :) keep up the fab work and good luck as always :)

~mez~
Ronald Priest Campbell chapter 1 . 8/18/2006
they are all in bold so that others can read them better thank you.
38 | Page 1 .. Last Next »