Reviews for Slice
His-Tiger chapter 1 . 4/6/2010
ohh uhm... this is messed up.. i self injured for years and still think this is pretty shady... or maybe just confusing? you're interesting.
Full Stop chapter 1 . 10/21/2007
How positively morbidly horrifying. I love it. You capture the macabre in a eerily addictive way. Thank you for posting this, it really has given me something to think about.
Theory Of The 4th Dimension chapter 1 . 9/13/2006
Morbidly attractive. So dark and yet not quite evil. I suppose this is love best described from a primal perspective. Loved it though. Nice piece!
Dove chapter 1 . 9/9/2006
This...disturbed me. I think mostly because I got the most horrendous mental image at the "I sawed my tits off" part...You see, I happen to enjoy those very much, and the thought of them...well anyway.

I'll never be able to look at strawberries the same. And yet, I really want some with some sugar sprinkled over top. Disturbing.

One day, I will have you explain all of these to me yourself. But for now, what I get out of this is that everyone cuts you just a little. All for their own reasons. Even you.

I think I read too much into these sometimes because I try to see them from your point of view. And let me tell you, that can be quite a challenge.
give me back my childhood chapter 1 . 9/8/2006
wow. can you say grotesquely beautiful? (:
elvenstorm chapter 1 . 9/8/2006
Wow this is very raw but in a good way. The images you use have a kind of shock value which really adds to the tone of the poem. This is one of the strongest self harm poems have read, well done x
Countess Chocula chapter 1 . 8/1/2006
This poem is really beautiful, in a grotesque sort of way. It made me gasp a little.

"or perhapscut a real incisionright down the breast bonei sawed my tits offi'm trying to make myselfsex less"

Brilliant.
poetic abortion chapter 1 . 7/28/2006
Its grotesque in how you compare it to food - which, coincidentally, made me hungry - and then to something as horrible as this line made it: "slice me up like nazis did the jewish babies."

So beautiful. So gorrid. So wrong.

* Noelle