Reviews for what you need
if.these.bullets.could.talk chapter 1 . 8/24/2006
i don't know what to say. this is # amazing. i'm at a loss for words.

ex oh ex Lacey
poetic abortion chapter 1 . 7/31/2006
Your diction is beyond superb.

Oh, and just so damn powerful (and I can see myself in this and I can see so many others in this and . . .); I love it.

So pretty.

* Noelle
Femme de Dieu chapter 1 . 7/30/2006
This is exquisite...so soft and mellow. It sounds like you're speaking of a long-term relationship, perhaps a marriage, perhaps a close friendship. You realize that there are flaws, ("not meaning, but truth; not substance, but shine")but in that realization there is acceptance. ("grateful for a moment...that it was good i hadn't changed my mind about these sixteen years./my smile this morning was grateful, even at 6:45.")

I pictured the ending being a mother watching as her son's girlfriend/fiancee called him beautiful, and the mother/wife "smiled and knew only you" perhaps the husband/father/friend...whatever. I'm rambling, but that's what I saw in my mind's eye.

I could see myself in this poem all the way through, (even with the opening reference to the "parisian dream," as I am intoxicated by all things French...) and also when you said, "guess i'm not good enough for you either," which is how I often feel.

And I love your choice of last line, "and was it tonight that i danced?" Personally I love to dance, but my husband does not- so for me it carries the meaning of a "figurative" dance, a life's dance of love, even though the two partners sometimes dance separately, they're at least on the floor at the same time, and from time to time they have an unforgettable moment together.

Quite a vivid imagination, I know. Hope you don't mind the straying mind of a stranger waltzing to the music of your work in an awkward but meaningful way (albeit differently, I'm sure).

Thanks for the dance...Truly, Tourterelle