Reviews for Suddenly Rapturous
Morbane chapter 1 . 1/28/2007
It seems a silly thing to review, but in this piece I like the use of the word 'to'. I like 'from rock-cut art to flesh to grasp you' and 'chose me to be/ to be your' is nice because it suggests the addressee called the addresser into existence as well as choosing them as their own.

I wonder what you mean by 'a daughter of sinister dreams'.
rage of aquarius chapter 1 . 1/18/2007
the sheer, gripping intensity of this piece is heightened by the denouement-"you decided that a walk in the park/sounded more appealing/than the touch of my trailing fingers"-i've felt that love can be capricious like that, evanescent, disappear just like that.

...yeah.

"savagely i loved you loved you loved you"-this line got to me. i mean, seriously affected me. who doesn't want to be loved savagely? i do, i do!

incredibly, incredibly well done.
Ashelin chapter 1 . 12/16/2006
This was interesting, I liked the beginning more than the end. The "dammit" part was a bit annoying for some reason, I think I would have prefered "damn it" but whatever is your style. The repeated "i loved you" was kind of cool, but I'm not too much for repitition. Usually at least. I actually love the "to be your eternal companion (eternal companion those were your words, and soft entrancing they were)). I liked it a lot. Some of the bold and italic words were too much, and the "getenough" was really weird to me, I don't know if you meant that or if it was a typo. I actually quiet enjoyed this though. Good job.

-Ashelin
Xerophyte chapter 1 . 12/8/2006
Whoa. All I can say is wow. This has such drama...I love it so much. It requires an eloquent silence after reading it. Wow. There is a lot of raw emotion here. I can relate so well to this...

Do you take Latin? I know sanguis is blood in Latin (and has some derivatives in English). I thought it made an interesting connection. I love this so much. I'm favorite-ing it. Beautiful work.

Thanks for your review. I really didn't like that poem much myself, but I guess it's beginning to grow on me. I guess what I was trying to say is...how can the end of something so complicated be so simple? It almost seems unfair. Anyway, this is wonderful.

-Xerophyte
Niels Stegeman chapter 1 . 10/29/2006
Truly beautiful and moving. I have greatly enjoyed reading this. It sounds bitter and sad, yet it has an inherent beauty to it. Melodic, even. So, very well done. Very well done, indeed.
Moondog Dozier chapter 1 . 8/8/2006
This has such a concentrated emotional sincerity. I like how you use so many action words in the connections of the individuals. The repetition is truly powerful, as it emphasises several important aspects of the interaction and focuses the reader's attention toward those sections. Well written. Excellent work.
Devil's Footprint chapter 1 . 8/3/2006
Sad poem, but very well written. I love the formatting, and the bold words really give it more impact.
SR Castells chapter 1 . 8/3/2006
I waited a few days to read this, because each time I tried I found I wasn't in the right state of mind (tired, distracted, et cetera). I'm glad I waited; it's a beautiful poem. You have a unique style. Somehow it feels like the words I think in my head before I put them on paper, but more melodic, more poetic.
Nobody-n-Particular chapter 1 . 8/2/2006
Nice use of diction here with the emotion displayed in all its anguish.
plchldr chapter 1 . 8/1/2006
Wow, I love this. It's so...bitter. The speaker sounds so desperet and then at the end gets shoved aside anyway. Great poem.
poetic abortion chapter 1 . 8/1/2006
Quite beautiful. The style is clean, not cluttered with all the things you used in it to emphasis certain aspects of it - I particularly apreciate the sparce use of bold which had me just filled with so much glee over the styling; the diction is amazing, you use words that fit well and strng together nicely without making a line sounding forced or "iffy".

A rather symplistic look on love with a nice, I never thought I would say that ever for this genre, romantic-angst poem that doesn't border at clich. Not at all.

Love, love this line to infinity: "because i loved you (or wasovercome with rampant infatuation)," - So pretty, that line had me screaming "Oh. My. God. That is the truest line I have ever heard." and I am making everyone I know read this becaue it is just beautiful and amazing and you made art with this.

Just, love.