Reviews for Why?
Persistent Vegetative State chapter 4 . 4/15/2007
I personally found the entire concept of a divine savior to be quite insulting. lol.
Persistent Vegetative State chapter 3 . 4/15/2007
Maybe I'm a dunce, but this is the first haiku that I actually understand. The question posed is simple and elegant, and unfortunately too many people I know are quick to defend anything construed as terrible from the Bible.
trash can art chapter 8 . 8/9/2006
I'm not sure I get this one either? Does this have to do with the whole oppressed Jewish faith thing (I don't mean that sarcastically), and how people of other religions get the better end of the deal?
bipedalcooney chapter 1 . 8/7/2006
Wow. It's so short, but it says so much I'm sure even I understand it completely. But it's beautiful, definately keep writing.
trash can art chapter 6 . 8/7/2006
No! You did this to spite me, didn't you? Poor little sheeple people... :so sad:
trash can art chapter 5 . 8/6/2006
Something oddly heart prodding about this one. I wonder why he left... (

I just read on your profile that one of your favorite books is Falling Leaves. Wow. Never thought I'd find a person with fondness for the same books as I. Although I personally enjoyed its semi-prequel Chinese Cinderella much more due to its more story-ish format, but Falling Leaves was written in a more mature voice and continued the story a bit. Both were equally sad. There are always those books that come into your life and never leave your memory while others you can read twice and not realize it. Those two were certainly one of the few that made it into my long term memory.

In fact, I think I've just been inspired to read them again. Also, if you're interested in this kind of stuff, a similar book would be Balzac and the Little Chinese Seamstress. It's actually about two boys during the cultural revolution, but hey, still good.

Sorry for my long non-reviewish review. P
trash can art chapter 4 . 8/6/2006
Hmm... I'm not sure what I think about this one. Is it about aged parents receiving a kid too late in life for their liking? Or maybe during a time when they can't support another mouth to feed? Hmm...
trash can art chapter 3 . 8/4/2006
How is it that in such few words, I'm inspired with such images in my mind? You tell me, eh?
trash can art chapter 2 . 8/3/2006
I'm thinking Middle East, though I can't see how this could pertain to anything else. So sad when you think about it.. Thousands misled to believe themselves to be martyrs. :hangs head sadly: It is quite awful.
Nobody-n-Particular chapter 2 . 8/3/2006
Definitely choice diction.
Nobody-n-Particular chapter 1 . 8/3/2006
wonderful references.
burning in effigy chapter 1 . 8/2/2006
oohh... very interesting

love the imagery
Princess-anna57 chapter 1 . 8/2/2006
Fascinating haiku. Well said. Keep writing!

Anna
trash can art chapter 1 . 8/2/2006
I've never seen a haiku regarding this genre before. To be honest, I don't much care for haikus at all. But I like something about this one. The symbolism is pretty vivid. One thing though. The mentioning of burning twice in a three line poem... I don't know about that. Maybe you should consider a synonym.