Reviews for Priests and Women
Kelpylion chapter 1 . 10/29/2006
I don't think this is as surreallist as you think it is; there's a lot of obvious and pre-esoteric substance to this poem that one doesn't usually associate with surrealism. Mystical and symbolic, maybe, but not surreallist. And believe me, that's a good thing - I think you were extremely successful in using this form to get your point across. ~Ke
felicia13 chapter 1 . 10/1/2006
Messed up. I can't even begin to describe all the things going through my head.

On the other hand, I liked the story-telling sort of narrative this poem had. First-person narrative is hard for me in a poem, so I'm jealous that you can do it so well.

Au revoir!

Felicite's Nightmare.
S Noelle Long chapter 1 . 8/5/2006
the thing about poems like this is that they always make me envious. they make me feel like there's something there, so obvious, a point or a revelation, that i'm missing. that they're above me and my style, for some reason. but it does remind me of bob dylan, and a little of springsteen. i enjoyed it very much. i love that you're not afraid to put into it imagery (that's not flowery) and you're not afraid to be so upfront about things that are taboo in this generation. it feels natural to me. not pretentious or forced or fake. you've done a great damn job.