Reviews for Like Birds
One-Hand Clap chapter 1 . 4/19/2008
Ugh! What lovely, poetic imagery! Birds CHAINED to a sky! That's going to stick with me for quite a while, I assure you!

However, I've got to say, I think the poem would read better if the lines weren't broken up - if they were together like

this

Instead of like

this.

I don't know, that's just one thing that makes poems better for me! Oh well!

- Clap Trap, from Review Marathon [link in profile]
a silenced revolution chapter 1 . 3/19/2007
Great metaphoricallity. Like it.
MySweetPrince chapter 1 . 8/9/2006
I read it 'coz of your summary, it's short. Surprisingly I actually liked it, most of the time I think short stuff like this is often pointless and gets nothing across,

however yours does. and tis nice living a dream, who isn't reluctant to wake up to reality?

guess it's just alot more easier to ignore the bad rather than try... sweetness X
august harlequin chapter 1 . 8/9/2006
'Chained to the sky'...interesting word choice. I like it.

Short but enjoyable.
Pastrami Sauce Camel Soup chapter 1 . 8/7/2006
Yeah, I like it, too. It gets the gears turning. It's hard for people to look around and see the world in disarray with all of it's distractions clouding our vision.

I think your Word program made you put a question mark at the end of "But did we ever wake up". There shouldn't be one because it's in the same question as the next line.

"But did we ever wake up to see the wrold resting at our feet?" is the question without the poetry break.

I really like this. It's short, but it's still poetry. It still tells a story and it's true.

By the way, "The Glass Kiss" wasn't necessarily meant to be funny, but since I love making people laugh I suppose that I'm glad you did. I didn't even try to make you laugh :) yay gold star for me!
C. Fitzsimmons chapter 1 . 8/5/2006
Few words indeed, but you say it all. Very beautiful and poetic. Being one who often wishes to fly myself, I really like this one. Nicely written.
miss understanding chapter 1 . 8/5/2006
Being chained to the sky. Seems lyrical and whatnot (like another reviewer said). I like it.

And w00t for mixed-metaphors!

xchoco
Dinny chapter 1 . 8/5/2006
Your summary pretty much summed this up xD

For such a small thing, it's brilliant. I see it being a quote or the chorus to a song for some reason.