Reviews for The Astonishing Adventures of Eliza King
Hannah chapter 4 . 3/1/2012
Really enjoyed this so far! Great job on the historical details. I'm a bit of an age of sail nut and greatly enjoyed your accurate portrayal. :) Would love to know what happens, if ever you decide to keep going!
BookGeek19 chapter 2 . 3/2/2011
this would have been really interesting if you get to finish it... would you?
kitkatbunny chapter 4 . 3/17/2008
Great! I was so into it. Please finish it, I want to know what happens. You totally left us hanging!
Schmee chapter 4 . 12/18/2006
Oh no don't stop! You gotta put more! you're leaving me hanging here...

I like this story so far. Eliza seems very real. But please update soon!
Jacquleine Schaeffer chapter 4 . 11/13/2006
Oh dear, what's to become of Eliza and her mother? And Noah, too?

Good chapter. Again, the action was good, and I liked how the mother tried to comfort Eliza by talking. Very human.

I'm worried, though! Update soon!

J.S.
Jacquleine Schaeffer chapter 3 . 11/13/2006
Aww, Noah, what a sweetheart.

Again, good chapter. The action was described well without being too overbearing. And you seem to know a good bit of terminology, which is a good thing.

Jacquleine Schaeffer chapter 2 . 11/13/2006
This seems to be a good start, but your chapters are a bit short. Perhaps you could add just a bit more description, like maybe of your main character's appearance or her surroundings. Noah seems to be a good love interest (I wonder if he's going to stay now that pirates are coming into the picture). Also, is there any way you could use some indication of the passage of time? Perhaps putting the first chapter in italics to show it was in the past, or saying in the next chapter "six years later", or something like that? I just got really confused at first, I was thinking, "she's a young girl and she's checking out this new guy?" then it came later that much time had passed.

Well anyway other than that great chapter. Keep it up!

Jacquleine Schaeffer chapter 1 . 11/13/2006
This story seems good so far. The chapter is short, but first chapters usually are, so that's not a big deal. I like the fact that you decided to go with first person POV.

Iron Pyrate chapter 2 . 9/1/2006
Right now it's so short that it's actually hard to tell much about it. I'm a little unclear as to when this story takes place, because you mention the New World, so I would assume sometime in the 1600s. I guess it doesn't really matter, but I think it would help people if they have a more clear picture of WHEN this is and what types of things the characters are wearing and stuff. But please update soon, pirates and a nice young sailor...ooh! :-)
Jackaroe chapter 2 . 8/21/2006
AHA! Thanks to Saroo, I've found you too on FictionPress! lol. Write more soon!

-Jackaroe
Lizagna chapter 1 . 8/9/2006
Interesting beginning. Nice hook to begin with. The chapter could be a little longer while we get a little more about your characters. I'm sure that they will be developed in future chapters.

-Lizagna
C. Fitzsimmons chapter 1 . 8/6/2006
Nice beginning. I'm curious to know where it goes from here. Not much else to say at the moment, given the short length of this start, but I enjoyed it.