Reviews for Play or Pay
Red Rose chapter 3 . 8/12/2006
I retract what I said about the card guy (Tom) being a typical villian. He is certainly not. He had depth! Booyah! I really liked the scene where he contemplated his reason for existance and how it all failed to fit together. The doubts, the past etc. It was all very well done, and I could easily put myself in his shoes. Bravo!

I also genuinely like the familiarity Paul has with Mrs Sam! . His thoughts about her are rather comical, which gives another flare to the story, and I think it only increases the reading worth.

The plot is interesting. Though I wish there could have been more explanations as to how he could become one with the cards and such... I'm a rather logical person, and rarely settle with the "oh, but magic DOES exist" and stuff like that. Also, how could he turn the cards into tables? So many speaking of the card! O_O Now there's one left unharmed? Poor Tom! O_O I hope it rotts very quickly or something. Aouch!

Anyhow, thank you for writing this engaging story! Goodbye!
Red Rose chapter 2 . 8/12/2006
*laughs* Oh, how I adore your portrayal of Mrs Sam! She's such an interesting woman! :P When the part about throwing him out the window by any means came, I had to stiffle a chuckle. .

Poor Mr Pale, I mean Mr Jones... Get's called by that bizarre and probably totally unfitting nickname too... _ Yes... poor him... hehe, or not!

That snarky bastard Paul didn't like...who the hell is he? Is he the bad guy or something? Hm? It seems like it! Or that he have connections to 'it'. And what is 'it', not to have DNA!

And a futuristic story! Interesting... baning colour now, are they? Bastard! *growls* I feel for , onto next chappie
Red Rose chapter 1 . 8/12/2006
Wohoo! That Ace of Spades dude certainly is sadistic! :P A trademark villian! And he can turn cards into anything? Freaky... I wonder why that is.

I pity the thug though... Ack, some people... Oh well. :P

As for constructive criticism, I can offer one word of advice; sometimes I felt myself not quite following in the actions they were doing. Perhaps giving the two more physical descriptions would ease the problem (or was the lack of it intentional?)Anyhow, on to reading the next chapter!

PS! Your summary kicks ass! :D
Mosaic Stains chapter 3 . 8/11/2006
Okay, it's obvious to me now that Seems wasn't the holder. Cool. This is such a good story that it's a shame to be overlooked. I only wish is that you would have described the scenario of how they caught Tom's holder. But that doens't matter.

Excellent story. At least enough to make me put it into my favorite stories.
Mosaic Stains chapter 2 . 8/11/2006
And the plot thickens. I thought perhaps Paul would meet up with the guy from the first chapter, but I didn't think he would meet up with him like that. Though I'm still curious as to who is giving this guy his assignments? And now, who would want Paul died? For what reason or reasons? What was it Richard found? And if he is the acutal person who is behind these murders?

Don't worry about all the questions I know some or all of them shall be answered by the last chapter. I just wanted to express them in my review.
Mosaic Stains chapter 1 . 8/11/2006
Whoa! I was a bit surprised to find this to be more than a simple mystery. And the way the man killed . Yet, I wonder who is giving this guy his assignments.