Reviews for Arsenic Kisses
Glaive Warrior chapter 31 . 4/22/2013
Pretty good. It would be nice if you could add some super mutated zombie hunters that have a different virus strain that makes them immune to zombies andlets them kill zombies like fucking mad
Clrk4life chapter 3 . 11/26/2012
hehehehe Physics class... i see what you did there
R.A. Sears chapter 13 . 9/19/2012
I remember I started reading this when it was new! It's grown, but it's a shame that you seem to have stopped writing. I'd love to see this finished!
Ax20414 chapter 4 . 3/21/2012
I believe this is my third time re-reading this story, and the scene involving Mia's brother STILL gives me chills. Overall, your writing is impeccable. If you decide not to update, I'd be happy re-reading the first 31 chapters over again. Haha
magictampon chapter 31 . 12/1/2010
Hrm. Is this over, or just on hiatus? Or a permanent hiatus?

I'll give a semi-long, very sleepy review. I read this all in one sitting and now it's 2:00 am.

I'll be honest. The beginning was kind of awful. I mean, I really hated Jamie because she seemed a bit Mary-Sueish in the beginning, felt bad for Jack, liked Stacey, and kept forgetting about Mia.

Pretty sure you're supposed to get yourself checked out if you get fire-extinguisher crud on you, 'cause of chemical burns or something I don't remember.

A lot of stuff made me laugh, too. Like the roof of the supermarket caving in because there were too many zombies up there. Why would they not have noticed the 1,0 lbs or so of zombies wandering around on the roof when they were outside? Why are there so many zombies up there that it could cause a sturdy establishment to just collapse, but none around it or inside of it? What made the zombies think that sounded like a good idea? And why did Jamie think, "Nevermind that they probably have food at the mall, just like at any mall. We should get some perishables like hotdogs and turkey at the grocery store even though we have no fridge to keep it in."

But nevertheless, your writing is good. Dialogue, style, imagery (though sometimes a bit overkill on the adverbs). I love your flashbacks. Especially the one about Jack and Jamie fucking in the movie theater, and the one about drowning. They really added a lot to the characters, and made me begin to not hate them. And Mia's and Stacey's secret plots against Jamie's relationship made me sick and excited. Eventually Jamie stopped seeming like a Mary-Sue, Jack did the typical turn around and instead of hating him I found myself cheering for him. I still love Stacey. Mia is cool, and she definitely made a name for herself.

I never got bored. That's another plus. I was thoroughly entertained the entire time. I was sad when Harrison and Derrick died, but excited when Ricky returned. I miss the katanas, and I'm glad you had a reasonable explanation for their existence.

Oh, and gosh. That last chapter with Buddy and the man whose name I can't remember. That was just sad. Mia, you bitch, I love you.

Anyway. Overall, I think this story drastically improves as it goes, and I'm hoping it isn't over. Sorry this review is all rambly and crap. Thanks for writing!

-MT
Snick Mcnicket chapter 1 . 8/4/2010
another god awful garbage story, wow would it really be a problem to write something a little more bright?

this is garbage.
The Pain Behind The Mask chapter 31 . 7/3/2010
Update as soon as you can!
0-C.L.A.M.-0 chapter 31 . 6/17/2010
Update update update!

:D
0-C.L.A.M.-0 chapter 19 . 6/9/2010
Machahahahaha, nice. I love

the Eat reference. Great story,

keep writing.
ShadowHeHaHo-deleted chapter 4 . 4/4/2010
Jesus Christmas! ZOMBIES! AH!

... Cool story. ;)
spydercrystal chapter 31 . 3/19/2010
I was looking at your profile earlier and DAMMIT screw Snowflakes I want more of Arsenic Kisses! I've been following it for three and a half years and I want to know how it turns out! Please...?
Tawny Owl chapter 3 . 3/6/2010
I didn't realise it was possible to write 50 words on fire extinguishers. Mr Hannigan is masterfully done though. He is thoroughly repluslive from the way he looks to the way he speaks. it was very skin crawling.

Interesting to see how whipped Jack is too.

There were some great descriptive bits in this like the elves turning down the temperature.

I'm also intrigued by the hoody kid - at first I thought he'd just been zombiefied, but it seems like there's much more to him than that even if it's not quite human.

One more thing before I log off - the description for this was story was really good, and very snappy. You don't find many on this site that just hook you in like that - so well done and what not.
Tawny Owl chapter 2 . 3/6/2010
Damn, not loaded. Is it wrong to be just slightly disappointed?

I'm really enjoying the fast pace of the dialogue, and the way it contrasts the characters so well. Sometimes I think you could do with more tags or some associated action to flesh it out though. Sometimes it gts a bit scripty or it's hard to keep track of who's talking. The image of Jamie curled up and cradling the gun is a good one: I like the contrast of it.

Also impressed by the goth hamster. Can you even get black hamsters?)

Got a better idea of jack's character in this too. I loved the line about not liking the guns but being impressed - that seemed to say alot, and the fact that he's there at all.
Tawny Owl chapter 1 . 3/6/2010
Awesome. Part of me is shrugging and going, oh the gun's not loaded, but more of me's hoping it is becasue that'll make for a much more interesting (disturbed?) character and story.

One thing that caught my attention was the 'spats at her protectively' I;m not sure you can spat at someone protectively, but it's just a little thing.

I enjoyed the way you put detail into the scene without overloading everything, and how you managed to contrast Mia and Stacey so well even though they weren't the main focus of the piece. That said though I did think Jack slipped by me a bit. He just seemed like a nice guy with nothing else to hold onto.

Thanks for posting.
Abrasive chapter 25 . 2/23/2010
Every single one of your characters annoys the fuck out of me. Honestly, I'm hoping they all die. They're either irrational, bitchy, stupid, indecisive or just plain retarded.

That said, I'm thoroughly impressed by your writing. I've never encountered such imaginative, well-executed gore on this site. If I was even remotely squeamish I'd probably be chucking my guts up and having nightmares. I'm particularly enamoured with your descriptions of the - I'm hesitant to call them zombies since last time I checked, traditional members of the undead don't sprout six-foot tentacles - mutant creatures. It's sharp, graphic and, frankly, fucking awesome.

Furthermore, you change perspectives occasionally and jump backwards and forwards through time. In a lot of stories this wouldn't work, however, I think it suits the 360 degree style of this one.

Anyway, basically I feel like I'm reading a Romero film on acid. That's a good thing. A very good thing.
166 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »