Reviews for The Irony of Fate
serako chapter 6 . 5/10/2007
i feel bad for anna vaughn. it seems that she leads a pretty awful life no matter what happens. my heart kind of broke for her when noah asked her what's it like to be ugly. it's just such an incredibly cruel thing to ask, but its this kind of bluntness that makes your story seem real (even though certain parts of it are obviously very unreal). i wonder what noah is like in this lifetime. pro bono work is certainly different from his high stress lifestyle before. his personality can't be exactly the same since he's had different experiences, but it looks like he's still a womanizer no matter how his life goes. pfft. i just feel like noah has the potential to be so much more than...an asshole, and i'm kind of sad that he's so cynical when it seems like he could do so much more with his life. but i'm sure you'll show us that potential by the end of the story so...update soon!
Lyssa O chapter 6 . 5/9/2007
Yay! It's getting so interesting! I'm excited to read about Matt and Noah's reunion, as well as Noah and Anna's progressing romance - I hope SOMETHING goes down in their present life, romantic-wise. I'm still rooting for them!
Lyssa O chapter 5 . 5/8/2007
Oh wow, this story is something else! The interesting twist and sheer ambiguity of the plot definitely keeps me reading. Noah and Anna don't even have a romantic relationship of any sort, but already I'm so engrossed in their story. You make me want to find out why brown suits are clothing Noah and in what setting did those two find love. I also find myself rooting for Noah to find his love for his wife within himself as well as the outside world. Your jump to various intervals of Noah's life initially confused me, but I've got the hang of it.

I'm glad I fatefully (pardon the pun, hehe) stumbled upon this entertaining story, and I hope you update soon! As much as I love the exposition of the story, I'm waiting for Noah and Anna's love to blossom...somehow.
Nyleve Nalloc chapter 5 . 5/1/2007
Ah, you wouldn't understand how happy this update made me. I loved this story and had forgotten it... because no updates...

I can't wait for Noah to crash and burn- he needs that.

Keep writing.
Swan Queen chapter 5 . 5/1/2007
WOW. I love your story. That was some interesting dialogue between Noah and Anna Vaughn in Chapter 5. And isn't there at least SOMETHING attractive about "Annie" that Noah finds attractive? Because he makes her sound really ugly. LOL. Anyway, Hope You Update Soon.

Ciao.
ctolhouse chapter 5 . 5/1/2007
Your stories intrigue me, mostly because they're so unconventional and not afraid to be mean and gritty. I definitely can't wait to see how this one develops.
serako chapter 4 . 4/6/2007
This story is out of control, and i love it. I love Noah. He's so awful, but i love him like a bad drug. i'm glad you didn't make him perfect and dashing, that would probably just make me sick to my stomach. poor anna vaughn. looks like her life sucks on both ends of fate. you're extremely descriptive, and i like that a lot. i've noticed that a lot of stories on fp tend to focus on dialogue, and that they skip out on the description altogether unless it has to do with the conversation. so that makes me love your poetic and clever descriptions all the more. i read your other story, and i really enjoyed reading that one as well, but in this story, it really feels like your writing style has matured as have your characters. sorry for the long and scattered review, but i hope you update soon!
Nyleve Nalloc chapter 4 . 3/16/2007
I read this story last night- on my cell- and was thoroughly mad that I couldn't review immediately.

I have to give it to you- brilliant.

I adore your writing style. It had elegance and smooth transitions. I have no doubt you'll be able to publish whatever you wish. If this- on fp is good- I can only imagine your brightest efforts for a novel.

The idea is not conventional- although I have read quite a few others that revolve around the same idea. Yet you make it witty and fresh. And it moves away from the high school aged stories.

You're brave to post such an original and good written idea on here. I personally don't publish my "good ideas" for that paranoia...

And so, I hope you update. I'll be waiting anxiously.

It might be weird- but I actually like Noah. He will learn a lot won't he? -smirks- Ah, I can already see it...

For some reason... at times... your writing reminded me of Dean Koontz.

Excellent. I am so happy I decided to read this.
Someone chapter 1 . 3/15/2007
Hey, u know the title "the irony of fate" and what you have written about your writing reminded of a movie called "the irony of fate" and the stuff you said about it was exactly like the movie. At first i thought that maybe you took the idea and wrote something similar, but now i see its different. It's just interesting how the titles are the same and...oh well never mind.

By the way, i should have said this first, but you are a very good writer! I really enjoyed that.
Esoteric Shadows chapter 3 . 2/20/2007
awesome story!

You write really well and I love the twist of fate (lmao srry, couldnt resist)

update soon!
AtlanticHart chapter 2 . 1/17/2007
This is fantastic. The characters are intriguing and the dialogue (as well as the rest of the story) is well written. Looking forward to more!
miss-blackhair chapter 2 . 12/22/2006
hm, it's a nice read. but im looking for more spice in the story. i know you can do it! i love the characters anyways.
DuchessYappingDog chapter 2 . 10/26/2006
Ugh. This guys seems like a jackass (AND THIS IS IN HIS POINT OF VIEW!) All he does is complain. Throughout of the story (albeit.. two days?) we don't see him doing much work. And here he is complaining about a new woman (amg, it's a woman, she must be inferior-get off your freaking high horse, you dufus; oh my, the feminist within me emerges) comes and does WAY more work than him. Does he really expect to get the this high ranking post? Obviously he's more interested in bedding the intern than doing the work that is expected of him. RAWR. And he just complains if she's putting in three times as much effort into her work. God, he's such a stupid butt. :O

(This is not a flame on your story. I'm pretty sure I'm supposed to think this guy is a total douche. I'm just ranting about how much I think he is a bastard. Sorry for the name calling. I like your story!)
justanotherdeadaccount chapter 1 . 8/13/2006
Wow, the starting really caught my interest (but I guess that was the whole point :]).

Your descriptions and flow through the whole story were magnificent, as usual. I love how you added snippets of his past without making it seem unnatural.

At the beginning I can't help but feel sorry for Noah and dislike Anna (but I realised that was only because we were seeing her through Noah's eyes) but near the ending, the whole 'she's just another b*' facade drops and she seems pleasant actually whilst Noah seems a bit obsessed and bitter.

I wonder whether his father has something to do with his want to be a partner - from this chapter he immediately thought of how proud his father would have been, so I'm wondering whether he's bitter because his whole life has been spent trying to impress his father.

Oh and he's pretty sexist eh? 'and to add insult to injury, a woman!'
whacked chapter 1 . 8/9/2006
The ending of selfish people (which i loved) seemed a little rushed (a bit like you couldn't wait to get this one out) but at the same time it seemed to fit..sort of. I have the most horrible habit of mixing the reviews together for your stories. At any rate, this new one sounds extremely interesting, but I hope the characters aren't too similar to your other stories. So far I really like Anna, even though Villers seems to think of her as arrogant bitch, her side of the conversation was actually quite pleasent and that's a change from most of your female leads. "Alas, a man named Murphy once proposed a law, and there was nothing in the world to do." loved this line, as well as "blind admiration for the newcomer because she supposedly had a vagina (though by her walk he could not be sure, he said to himself.)". So I shall keep looking for an update.
33 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 Next »