Reviews for Death wish
morningstorm70 chapter 2 . 1/24
OMG, u r sooo not right.
He had it mad, he had a new life, I'm so sad.
Depth-of-Field chapter 2 . 7/14/2013
Damn... just. Damn. Beautifully written, didn't really see that coming.
Cumeralri chapter 2 . 4/25/2013
I have to say, I'm such a sucker for tragedy (and angst) that I rather adored the ending. I also quite loved Julian, despite his emo tendencies.
Although pretty much everyone in the reviews seems to think that Julian was just being horrible and messing with Jake, I thought it was more of a situation where Julian never believed that Jake loved him? That's where the 'will you ever get over it' comes in, right? And the fact that Julian kissed him right after. I thought that Julian only did that because he knew that, at some point, he was probably going to attempt to kill himself again and wanted to make sure that Jake wouldn't be hurt when it did happen.
I have to admit, though, that I'm slightly bias for Julian, so that might cloud my interpretation of the story. But, to me, he just honestly thought that no one loved him, and that Jake wouldn't really mind his death? ('He's only having sex with me because I forced him to.') Something like that?
Eh... It's just what I assume, anyways :) I liked this story -although I thought that rather than ending it with that revelation, maybe another extra chapter from Julian's point of view as to why he jumped would have cleared up all the doubts. Or you might have meant to keep us guessing. If that's the case, wonderful job.
(No really, I loved the ending)
Niamh O'Ruairc chapter 2 . 3/27/2013
I'm not entirely sure what to make of this story. I'd be lying if I said I hadn't enjoyed it, but I can't help but feel a tad disappointed. I can understand why you ended it the way you did; it was just a bit rushed and abrupt. Rather as though you had what you wanted to happen in mind but couldn't quite find the right time to put it into action or became impatient. I'm not in your head and can't begin to fathom your reasoning, so I won't go any further. Just some food for thought. Thank you for writing.
Staphy chapter 2 . 3/18/2013
OMG you're fucking crazy. The best part is that I'd never NEVER had read this story, if you had put a warning like "death story" "bad end" "angst" or something like that. But you didn't. You're really mean. REALLY mean.

But I still like you. And I still like this. It's not really what I needed right now, because I'm in a bad mood, and I already wanted to cry and just... you know... jump out my window, but now, it's done. i read it, and I can't forget it as if I didn't ... XD

It's really hard for Jacob. My god. he lost his first lover who died, and the second one just killed himself. Great. How could he ever keep on living?

I suppose there are fragile people in this world. More fragile than others. For example, my sister can't live in a big city. When we go to Paris together, she's always crying because of the SDF ( I only know the French Name xD)... hum, the guys who don't have a home and sleep on the streets... and so when she walks near them, she has to stop and she has to give them some money, a sandwich, or whatever. And then she cries and says life is not good, that she's so mad... that's fucking crazy, because it's life, and you cannot change it. You cannot feel bad for everyone, you have to live your own life, but she doesn't get it.

So yeah, I don"t know why I told you that again xD It's just that some people are more sensitive than others. I suppose Julian was one of them.

That's really sad. Even the death. As it Jacob "bought" a month or so to Julian, but he was going to die on that bridge, whatever Jacob does for him. I don't get why he did it... he could have done it without having sex with Jacob. He made him falling in love with him. That's so fucking crazy. He knew the past of Jacob, but he still did it. He could have just disappeared. Not even a letter to explain. He wanted Jacob to know that he died. It's scary. He was insane.

Julian was insane, this story was insane, and I'm insane now, thanks to it.

But I did like it.

Staphy.
semantics chapter 2 . 2/18/2013
Terribly sad, but another wonderful work from you, as expected :-)
A.Collins chapter 2 . 1/30/2013
Julian is one hell of an asshole. That's so selfish to make Jake fall for him, and then kill himself after telling Jake he didn't want to off himself anymore. What a tool.
Skyless11 chapter 2 . 10/20/2012
oh god... that was... oh god -"
I'll need a few days to get over this story...
omg -" This was horrible! Well... u know what I mean xD what happened was horrible cuz if I hadn't liked the story I wouldn't have read it/ commented on it...
You are talented really!
but omg -" I'm pretty shaken up...
mamaliz chapter 2 . 6/26/2012
Ha! After reading most of your stories by now I thought you only write happy endings... I guess you don't. Good thing then that I'm a sucker for angst and stories that make me sad - yeah, I'm twisted like that. The end was a proper WTF moment and really sad. I liked it a lot.
Clazziquai Project chapter 2 . 6/17/2012
I can not help but to be mad at Julian; he seriously should have waited it out. Poor Jake. This story was great until the ending. You did a great job surprising me though
Em chapter 2 . 6/13/2012
Why on earth did you kill him! AHHHHH not cool Jake already had a dead boyfriend he didn't need 2! God I must rage!

Ok, I'm calm. I get it's for the shock factor and lasting ending but I think you could have done that differently.

Ok, back to rage mode!
sunny-california chapter 2 . 3/3/2012
awesome story.I loved it but did Julian really have to kill himself? He was happy he didnt have to kill himself
saywhattt chapter 2 . 1/27/2012
NOOOOOO! Julian jumped in front his car didn't he? The ending came out of nowhere like wtf? I'll just ignore that part.
JDKlaus chapter 2 . 1/24/2012
WTF! Really? This was one of the most wonderful stories I've read up until the end. How fucking depressing! Poor Jake has already lost one lover and is trying to recover and then finally after all the time Julian finally wears him down and they are together and Jake seems like he is happy again and then Julian kills himself. How cruel can one person really be. Because of the ending I absolutely hate this story, it almost made me cry. But I do want to know what the hell that letter said! I feel like that really left me hanging. Great writing!
Kolbie chapter 2 . 12/11/2011
You know, I was really shocked by the ending. Like truly, genuinely shocked!

It's great, though, because it strays from the (very predictable) path most other stories take. I'd like to clap you on the back and give you a hardy 'Well done!' for writing such a story.

Also, I was reading some of the reviews for this story, and most people can't seem to understand why Julian killed himself in the end anyway. After thinking about it for a bit, I've arrived at a very morbid and sadistic conclusion.

Maybe Julian was just 'fucking with' Jake. You know, because Jake had not allowed Julian to kill himself or assisted him in the act, and Julian knew that he wasn't going to be left unmonitored with Jake thinking he was going to kill himself at any given moment. So Julian softened Jake up a bit and got him to let his guard down, got close to him, knowing that it would cause Jake a lot of pain when he did succeed in his suicide. (I mean, why would he have kissed Jake and tried to win him over after asking him this: "Shit, man. Will you ever get over it?" to which Jake replies, "No.") It was, in a way, the perfect revenge.

However, I would rather think that maybe Julian wanted some nice memories before he offed himself. :D
73 | Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »