Reviews for elaine, dancing
sarah1491 chapter 1 . 10/8/2006
Ooh, very nice. :) I love it. :)

-Sarah
Hell's first Icicle chapter 1 . 9/21/2006
i loved it. especially how you separated the words in-

"every

charming

step"

lovely. ]and yarr, i noe mi subjects r lame and cliched but hey, writing lame and cliched angst makes me happy xD. l0lz. thnx for the review anywayz.

and i really do love this, so now i'm off to read more of ur stuff ]
Leaving Here chapter 1 . 9/6/2006
i like how you wrote it.
well elaine chapter 1 . 8/29/2006
Upon getting your email I of course went right to fictionpress to read the poem about me. I'm not even gonna pretend I looked at the other stuff first. I don't usually like poetry, and you know that, of course, but I nearly cried reading this. I loved it, and I love you! I can't even begin to write an unbiased review, of course.

But in response to Meateater, I'm not a dancer. And that's also not what the poem's about. (I also don't think the poem's emo at all. But then, my definition of emo includes self-pity, which was absent here.)
silentscreamer07 chapter 1 . 8/19/2006
Wow...I absolutely loved this poem. The writing was beautiful, you have some great talent..and the words flowed so nicely together. I also Loved the title, it all just tied in together. It was just a nice fresh breath of air I guess you could put it..(yeah, so that kinda sounds cheesy, but its a good thing! I promise! :D )

"and elaine danced to the radio/and elaine walked on the edge/and elaine saw beauty where there was none."

Those lines really stood out to me. I loved them! Great work! I really can't find anything to critique you on..this is really just good...great work! *keep writing*

Britney

*adds to favorite stories list*
Sakka-Fenikkusu chapter 1 . 8/17/2006
Wow. That's beautiful.
Toothache chapter 1 . 8/14/2006
This is a really sweet poem, I agree. It reminds me of this longing I have to dance so unchained. Oh well.

"and elaine saw beauty where there was none"

Favourite line. Keep it up.
Meat-eater Puppysbane chapter 1 . 8/14/2006
I never got what the big deal with dancers are-I mean, why they're so much more special than all the other people who move and why it's cool that dancing defines them when a person who's defined by football or bowling or pool is a jock, loser, or alcoholic, respectively. That, and my ex danced, and she's a bitch. Whatever.

Anyhew, the poem is decent, too emo for my taste, I suppose. I do like the shape of it on the page-or screnn, whatever-which I think is something that is often overlooked in poetry, but which is vitally important. And kudos for channeling the spirit of e. e. cummings and not going absolutely batshit crazy. Unless you are absolutely batshit crazy, in which case... tough break.

Meat-eater Puppysbane

PS - I am in fact as ugly as a rock, owing in no small part to the burns that cover 80% of my body, which were inflicted upon me when I rescued four toddlers from a blazing Volkswagen...Naw, just fuckin' with ya, I'm hot as hell.
phthalo blue chapter 1 . 8/11/2006
I really like this poem. The title caught my eye.

I wish I could write more of a review but I am in a rush. I will read some more of your poems when I have time. :)