Reviews for red light city
these and those enormous chapter 1 . 8/19/2006
I always love the pictures your poetry puts in my head. You certainly have a way with words.

Do you go to BG? Because I swear I saw you in University Hall on the second floor yesterday.
Moondog Dozier chapter 1 . 8/15/2006
"but even we were yellow once, budding-with ecstasy and expectations", really encompasses the emotional progression of this work. You take the reader on a rush of a ride so quickly. "before brooklyn", makes it all the more relatable. A favorite, as this captures so much of an individual in such a quick snapshot. Excellent, excellent work.
poetic abortion chapter 1 . 8/15/2006
Gorgeous, so pretty and amazingly well rendered.

~* Noelle
not jackie chapter 1 . 8/13/2006
oh wow, that's gorgeous.
Chandra-Moon chapter 1 . 8/13/2006
I liked this very much. The way you write is so...charming. It's sex and rock and roll, but not in a fake, annoying way. I feel like you've lived this.

"and slipping through mens fingers/they'll thing they had me but i'll never be there"I liked that line.

I can't think of any suggestions for this. If I have to say something, I'd say that the beginning isn't as gripping as the rest of your poem is...maybe work on it to capture that restlessness and excitement?

Lovely poem. Keep writing.
dirty windows chapter 1 . 8/12/2006
This was asbolutely beautiful. "i'll be your downfall if you'll be my martyr: i make our living on payphones and poles, nights of tip jars and cheap bars and slipping through men's fingers." The images you paint are so vivid, yet they're vague, and leave room for interpretation.

I've read some of your other works and you have a wonderful way with words. I will (definitely) be favouriting.
Nobody-n-Particular chapter 1 . 8/12/2006
Very vivid in description.
she's not breathing chapter 1 . 8/12/2006
beautiful. absolutely beautiful. it's so simple yet so intricate at the same time.

~kait
acccountkiller chapter 1 . 8/12/2006
Oh...it's so...it's so tragic, but so beautiful. I have the urge to put every poem of yours on my faves list...I don't know about this, it's simply so gorgeous! The whole idea of this girl, her story...damn...it's probably cliché, but the way you tell it makes it impossible not to be awed and stunned by it. "i make our living on payphones and poles", and the whole "you thought you had me but i didn't care"...and the contrast of "let's dance to remember, let's drink to forget". Every line is simply astounding. Hell, every stanza could just stand for itself and be pure art. Great job. I'm mind-blown, as usual. Love, Mia
do not resuscitate chapter 1 . 8/12/2006
they'll think they had me but i'll never be there./you thought you had me but i didn't care." i love this poem - the whole downward spiral love affair.
Elenive chapter 1 . 8/12/2006
Amazing, as are all the works by you I have read so far. I loved it, yet there were others that struck me more. Unbelievable writing, however.

~Elenive
bathwater chapter 1 . 8/12/2006
this poem makes me think of a hangoveryou're skilled at making a situation/relationship come across very clearlymuch better than the vagueness that soaks most people's poetry-it makes you seem daring
27 | « Prev Page 1 2