Reviews for Broken Wings
tonight we bloom chapter 1 . 7/19/2009
Wow... powerful and moving. The imagery was stunning. The first line completely drew me in.

I also love the format! Wonderful.

I would love opinions from a talented writer like yourself on my work! It would mean a lot.
XxZebbie-CullenxX chapter 1 . 2/1/2009
Dark, creepy, and very powerful - I liked it :D
Murder245 chapter 1 . 8/24/2006
Why do so many people have to hurt so much?

~j. lynn
Nietzschean nightmares chapter 1 . 8/18/2006
I don't know quite what to say about 'Broken Wings'. For some reason, I don't think it struck me as sharply as the others. Though, there were certainly lines (particularly the last) that haunted. An exceptional poem, as always.
by His blood chapter 1 . 8/17/2006
i love this poem just as much. the format isn't quite as effective, but it's still used really well to add effect to a beautiful poem. there's an element of something extremely dark here that isn't directly stated and that's what makes it so interesting and original and well-done. it's raw and beautiful, almost even haunting. to me it seems to symbolize loss of innocence, someone losing themselves ... but it has a lot of dark meanings and that's what makes it so great.
HauntedMisery chapter 1 . 8/16/2006
Ah chilling and beautiful, your poems are very well structured. I love them, excellent work as always.
realityescapesher chapter 1 . 8/16/2006
ah... very scary. very well communicated though, the imagery is amazing. after the end the reader almost has to go back and read the beginning and the clues are there already... it just didn't make sense until the end. very powerful and well written piece.-aly
if.these.bullets.could.talk chapter 1 . 8/15/2006
Very creepy near the end, when you started talking about "reels of film stashed away in a (not-so-hidden) drawer/that he loved to watch over and over again." Amazing work as always!

ex oh ex

- Lacey
t3h Butterzfly of Nothing chapter 1 . 8/15/2006
WOW. That imagry, that word usage, that selection, it's goregous! I LOVE this poem! Gah!
kaylajac chapter 1 . 8/15/2006
woah, very creepy and with a sinister tone, but beautifully written. that last line makes me shiver.
dirty windows chapter 1 . 8/15/2006
This was simply wonderful and disturbing and powerful. Your descriptions are so lovely and soft (yet they have this razor-sharp edge to it) that make it a wonderful work of art.
dress her up in fairytales chapter 1 . 8/14/2006
hm, kind of leaves the reader wondering at the end but i like that. the format is fitting for this piece but i can see room for improvement.
Darkest Angels chapter 1 . 8/14/2006
This is creepy. I like it but the end really is scary, and it happens to many people.I can't say i have any specific favorite lines because when you read it line by line, it doesnt fit together nearly as well as a whole. I just like the whole thing.-Darkest Angels