Reviews for Eve's Daughter
Hell's first Icicle chapter 1 . 8/18/2006
everytime i read your work i'm struck speechless. any comment feels so inadequate and so shallow next to any poem or story of yours. and now again, i find myself with nothing to say but "brilliant" and "amazing" and any other way in the thesaurus to describe just how perfect this is. You are a (insert one of above words) writer. Thank you so much for sharing it with us.
flechette chapter 1 . 8/17/2006
I know nothing of the bible... because I have never read it... but I think that its words have spread so far for so long they are nothing but lies... yet people read it as if it is the only truth... I don't understand...
Theory Of The 4th Dimension chapter 1 . 8/16/2006
The descriptions and line of sentencing is so rich and vibrant. It feels as if I'm actually there. The parallelism to actual biblical myth just sparkles. This story reminiscies that of Anne Rice's work in my opinion. So kudos on this story!
CostumeForAGutterball chapter 1 . 8/16/2006
Quite interesting!
The Postscript chapter 1 . 8/16/2006
This piece is its own, and yet so familiar with Genesis. You illustrate vivid language and description, but an even more revealing message. You interweave confusion and chaos with absolute and utter silence, pain with desperate desire. You recount is written with so much clarity, your words almost become deceitful to the “well-versed readers”. Brilliant.

Those not acquainted with anything but the “moral police” and “innocent” side of religion need only read your work to see wine-drinking, scruffy fisherman, prostitute, tax-collector, biblical lowlife that God created and loved—without condition. And we should not be excluding it, but embracing it without judgment since, as you note, we were born from it. Amazing insight, you have definitely opened my eyes just a little bit more. Keep writing, s.
Nobody-n-Particular chapter 1 . 8/16/2006
Very rich in description.
redsage chapter 1 . 8/15/2006
wow. i have read beauty and i am now speechless...
Crossing the Rubicon chapter 1 . 8/15/2006
Too often I read your poems and love them but can't think of anything to say except, "This is amazing." You capture such great ideas and really make me think, and you don't seem to hold anything back in your writing. Finally, here's a review since you deserve many though I can never think of what to say.

This piece really got me. It's so disconcerting how her mother is a stranger to her, how it's only about her brothers and how she just brings another daughter into the world. In short, this is amazing.
Moondog Dozier chapter 1 . 8/15/2006
This is such a complex and heart wrenching mixture of emotion. The scene, situation, setting that you've created really draws the reader in. They give The situation such a tangibility, and create an empathy that all humanity can feel for the character in the situation. I'm not well versed on the particulars of Eve's story, but this gives such an insight into how the tale may have truly unfolded. You catch the reader in so many moments. Drawing the relatability of the readers feelings so quickly along. As always, I like how you can expand, and bring in the totality of a situation with such artistic brushstrokes. The diversity with which you write is astounding. So many varied topics, and you still grasp at the core of each situation. I apologize for this rambling applause of your intellect, but simply put, you write the world. Thanks, MD:77.
24 | « Prev Page 1 2