Reviews for Not Enough
Radyn chapter 1 . 8/25/2006
if it's any consolation, it's almost certain that none of the people on this site, regardless of reviews, will ever publish anything in real life. and that's what matters right?
rust phoenix chapter 1 . 8/23/2006
This is so true. I've never had that problem on fictionpress (probably because I write "R and R and I'll return the favor" in my summaries) but I have had that problem on FFN (Fanfiction dot net). One of my stories only got 5 reviews for 8 chapters, but now a popular writer told people about it so it's getting noticed finally. And yeah, I don't know why I'm telling you this. But good essay, it's about time someone wrote something on the topic.
DOORphrame chapter 1 . 8/19/2006
I agree. A lot of shit stories get massive reveiws, and the excelent ones don't get any sort of 'publicity' at all.
Spirit Tigress chapter 1 . 8/18/2006
That is the most truthful thing I have ever read! Some of the best stories on FP have very few reviews for some reason.
dessertfirst chapter 1 . 8/16/2006
I think I agree with the gist of what you are saying, but it is a little difficult to tell, because I don't understand some of it. Especially this:"People don’t tell you to read a story that only gets one or two reviews for one chapter, no, they don’t. Instead, they tell their friends stories that get three or four reviews for each chapter. Because of this, it causes a lot of great writers to give up."I'm not sure what this means.

But I do admire that you are trying to encourage other writers not to give up. This is a praiseworthy object. Kudos.
LIPSTICKFLAMINGOSROCKROLL chapter 1 . 8/16/2006
yay! hehe!
Kohlomere chapter 1 . 8/16/2006
Interesting thought. But is it always true? There are a few typos/spelling errors and it was a little short for an essay. But it wasn't bad, E.
FF chapter 1 . 8/16/2006
Mostly people just don't get reviews because they're not very good writers. JK...sort of...
Venom Angel chapter 1 . 8/15/2006
A writer should write for the art, and for him or herself. If someone "gives up" due to lack of reviews, I'm happy I won't have to read their attention-obsessed ramblings.
D.A. Dement chapter 1 . 8/15/2006
That's what caused me to give up on my third book in the Sokato series. Thanks for explaning it to me! Could you do me a favor and read my story The Big Black Ally Cat? It's a strange story but I like haveing readers! Thanks again for explaning the big problem!
Ashley Brook chapter 1 . 8/15/2006
Good post! All I can say is that if you want reviews, then you should review a lot of people.
Kaggr chapter 1 . 8/15/2006
I try to review every story I read...and even though I've got about one person that regularly checks to see what I've got up on fictionpress, and another friend that if I tell her I have something she'll review...I still post stories up, just because I'm thinking, "Maybe someone will see me on that Just In list and really like it...and keep passing it on!"

Whatever good stories I read, I normally give to my other friends who enjoy reading, which, sadly, isn't a whole lot...
unspecified chapter 1 . 8/15/2006
wow. great job. very good point!great job

write on!