Reviews for The Armor's Pulse
Nemonus chapter 1 . 12/19/2006
Wow. Though the rhythm of this isn't perfect, the emotion is there and the message is very interesting, very joyous; that Joy comes with Armor. Your link between the armor passage and the other precepts of Christianity, love and the eventual world, is very unique and inspiring. Just read over what you've got here for the rhythm. Sometimes the rhythm/rhyme scheme works, and sometimes it doesn't.
Doubting Thomas chapter 1 . 10/24/2006
he,he,heh, that was a nifty, poem, nice rhyme and meter. Keep it up brother. The verse at the end was kind of exsesive though.
tamarkaph2006 chapter 1 . 8/17/2006
Cool :D
Faithless Juliet chapter 1 . 8/16/2006
“With it I will wake the dead” - I don’t like that verse, it really offends me as a person, and as a loved one who’s seen people pass away. I don’t think you have a right to ensue that you can wake the dead.

“And gird our loins with the Truth.” - Orgy?

I think that this poem is very well written; you have a strong talent for rhyme and meter and I really respect that. It’s hard to write a poem that consistently rhymes and keeps the reader’s interest peak. And I do respect your beliefs, I don’t want you to think that I’m bashing them because that’s not what I’m doing at all.

You talk about the war you must wage FOR the gospel of peace; and I just think that’s such an oxymoron - you can’t have a war in order to get peace. The talk about destroying evil on earth scares me because you seem so sincere. That’s the kind of talk that has Christians killing homosexuals to cleanse them or bombing abortion clinic’s to save the unborn souls. Personally, I’m not cool with that kind of ‘action’ and I don’t condone it.

I thought that your poem was very well written, but the ending ‘explanation’ that accompanied it was unnecessary and overstepping the bounds of human responsibility. If there is a creator, then he created us ALL in the image that he wanted us to be.

Juliet.