Reviews for ocean boy
Carmel March chapter 1 . 2/12/2014
This is just perfect.
FreekyDisaster18 chapter 1 . 10/31/2013
Hey, I'm here to share with you that this poem has been added to the Poetry category over on A Drop of Romeo! :)

Here's the Review:

"Helen Thinks: 'Ocean Boy' by art by sola is a short, sweet poem that captivated me immediately. I believe this was thanks to the beautiful imagery created by the words that the author chose. Throughout the poem, art by sola does use rhyming words but they switching the rhyming 'on and off' which I think makes the poem catchy, as well as creating a pace in the reader's mind. The two closing lines, separated to make a stanza of their own, are – for me – the perfect touch to this poem. A beautiful summary to close off a piece of fiction that is simply breathtaking in less than fifty words."

Keep writing,

Helen xo
tonight we bloom chapter 1 . 12/17/2009
this is amazing! love everything about it, the imagery, the rhyming, it's all just perfect.

i would love opinions from a talenter writer like yourself on my work; it would mean a lot to me!
young and the reckless chapter 1 . 7/17/2009
beautiful, beautiful.

the subtle rhyme scheme is alluring

and the final two lines

are the perfect ending.
daniellegypt chapter 1 . 12/7/2008
Very sweet!

Last two lines are a great way to end this.
stained blue chapter 1 . 6/2/2008
adorable.
tiltillabulation chapter 1 . 12/16/2006
I love the slow, salty rhyme to this. It's sun-baked, pretty and salt stained, i really like it.
Femme de Dieu chapter 1 . 9/25/2006
This is lovely. The ocean, as you described it here does feel like slow motion. Aquatic/chaotic, nice uneven rhyme. I also enjoyed "eyes of the sea, wish-washing me." Very good.

Thanks for your review. I agree with you about the whole race/grace bit. But there was a definite reason for it. If you were a regular reader of mine, you would see what I'm talking about. Too long to go into here. But you should browse through some of my other work as you have the time. I think you would be pleasantly surprised. It's not all so trite. **smiles** But I can see your point at a single read of a single poem. Truly, Tourterelle
diffident chapter 1 . 8/23/2006
The off and on rhyme is so gorgeous. This is just fantastic. I have to add it to my favorite's. Brilliant job.

marie
dress her up in fairytales chapter 1 . 8/19/2006
short, simple, cute. i love the last lines.
Sir Scott chapter 1 . 8/16/2006