Reviews for The Art of Imploding
Jia chapter 1 . 4/11
I hope you're alright...
Yellow Cotton Hat chapter 12 . 4/29/2013
Will this ever be updated again ? (It's so beyond incredible ; - ;)
Jia chapter 13 . 4/3/2013
Sorry, it got cut off.

I was going to say Westly's past.

Your writing style is beautiful. You can feel his confusion and longing.
I'm not joking when I say this. I really enjoy this piece, the emotions conveyed here is absolutely beautiful.

I really love it.

I notice that it's usually hard to convey such beauty in characterization in first person, but you did a wonderful job.
I truely do hope you continue this.
I really do.

I know you said you were rewriting. But if you are dine or at least
partially done... Then would it me possible to Post one more chapter?

I hope I don't sound ungrateful or selfish but I really yearn to read more.
Sorry
Jia chapter 13 . 4/3/2013
I was wOndering if this is on hiatus.
It's been more or less three years since the last update and I was wondering if it is still active.
I will say this. This is a beautiful piece.
One of my favorites; your characters portray so much emotion and I'm extremely curious about heir development.
When Westly talks about "Alexander is in the woods"
It makes me wonder if Alexander is dead.
I'm absolutely curious.
I've reread art of implodding multiple times and I enjoy it every time.
I really do hope you are doing fine and someday we may read the mystery to Westly's
GrangerDanger333 chapter 13 . 12/28/2012
So... OHMYGOSH PLEASE don't leave this here. If you are rewriting this so it is better then GREAT or if you have finished it but haven't gotten round to publishing then please bear in mind that I AM WAITING! Seriously, this was really great and I so so sooo hope that you will publish an ending or at least give a reason for being unable to finish (although that would be terribly sad).
I just really think think this is a great story. I was kind of annoyed when it seemed Alexander wasn't real, but clearly there is much more to this story... I soooooooo want to read an ending, and also, I just really want to read some more becuase I enjoed reading this so far. Great characters and I love the whole story idea. Did you always plan it this way?
Anywayyy, WELL DONE for being a wonderful writer. Please finish this story for your enthusiastic fan :D
Jia chapter 13 . 7/23/2012
Jshdjsojzj!
COME BACK!
You can't just leave here!
This is so utterly beautiful it makes my heart cry!
Come back please!
mamaliz chapter 13 . 6/11/2012
God, this is one of the most beautiful stories I've read on this site. I'd wish Alexander had been real. Crying like a baby now. Feel like spending the rest of my day lying in foetal position and crying my eyes out. God damn, why couldn't he be real. So, so sad. This story has hit me really, really hard. You're a brillant author.
I saw water chapter 12 . 5/15/2012
I really wish you would finish this. Definitely my favorite story on fictionpress, actually my favorite story from the internet in general. You're incredibly talented and the plot and characters are marvelous. Just give us one more chapter or something.
LeKo chapter 13 . 3/1/2012
I've read this story several times. And every time again your writing skills drag me into this story and your main really open him up for us readers. I admire the way you are able to bring clarity in confusion. You show how frequent use of drugs can mangle your perspective, but also that one's perspective can be mangled by others. Drugs, you seem to be telling are not just bad. What can make it bad is the way you go about it. Bad is also what others can do to you when they are not sincere or callous, while you are vulnerable; and look what prescriped drugs can do to you.I have never used drugs in my life, but I agree with you there.

But there is more to this story. It is also a story of longing, so it seems. You pinpoint this longing sharply. And when Wesley said in the woods that he misses Alexander so much, it turned my heart. He has been going on for so long, without fully realising what he was missing and what he is longing now finally the floodgates of his feelings are opening at last and still he thinks Alexander is not real. So we readers can not be sure either. I've read a lot of unfinished stories and I don't like it when the story is good, but I accept it in the end and move on (to other stories). Not with this one though. This story keeps pulling. I long for the ending of this one.

You wrote that you were planning on rewriting. You don't really need to. It is good. But finish it if you can, please.
Yellow Cotton Hat chapter 13 . 12/22/2011
I love this so much! You write beautifully.
bren chapter 13 . 9/18/2011
Just finished this at 1:20 AM, even though it means I'll be getting about four seconds of sleep. Reading this was almost a compulsion, and I really enjoyed seeing the evolution of your writing style. The structure and wordings became so much more fluid and utterly real (poetic, even?) toward the end.

I find myself constantly going back and relating these characters to people that I know, even as I try to remind myself that they're yours, and I should just let them be.

Still, one of my favorite things about this story is how much Neil and Sam remind me of two of my friends. They seem more like living, breathing people put into writing than characters that were simply invented.

Sorry; I'm getting into raving territory.

In short, thanks for creating this and, less importantly but more to my benefit, for posting your writing for the world to enjoy.
Fluh chapter 2 . 9/18/2011
Oh, hey... it's like that one song... by that one band... And it's like...

Oh, also, I like this story. It makes me smile.
2cute4ya14 chapter 13 . 7/28/2011
Oh my god. I am rendered speechless. I truly believed Alexander was real. And then when I found out he was diagnosed I was in tears. This story is just so amazing and no words can explain the sincerity and the deep emotions that run through this. You've put a lot of passion in this story and FP needs more work like this. You are definitely an inspirerer. You've inspired me to the fullest extent. Thank you for writing this story.
Emerald Grace chapter 13 . 7/2/2011
I love you for writing this. The emotional depth of this piece is astounding. It's so perfectly realistic and... earthly? Human? Real? Please, continue writing because the world needs more of this.

Sincerely,