Reviews for Is Hate Contagious?
i am valentine chapter 1 . 10/26/2007
"Tell me you care-I love it when you lie." That's a really powerful line, of course, you write really powerful poetry. Your style is unique, not just the outline but the words you choose.
t3h Butterzfly of Nothing chapter 1 . 8/19/2006
A little bit of hate never hurt anybody but the victim. I love this piece, it is bitter and light all at once. Good job with the strong emotion.

PS. Sorry if this review lacked enthusiasm... it's too late to be saying coherent.
realityescapesher chapter 1 . 8/18/2006
this is my favorite thing i've read by you. there are so many lines i'm in love with i can barely begin to list them and i LOVE your use of parentheses, flawless. -aly
Nietzschean nightmares chapter 1 . 8/18/2006
Very raw and sharp, particularly the line 'because what am I but skin and bones and a cunt?'

I thought that some of the formatting, i.e. periods between every letter of 'biggest' was somewhat extraneous, but sometimes the English language doesn't have anything else to convey the /feeling/ of a word. However, the line 'Tell me you care - I love it when you lie', as prettily sad as it is, feels cliche in such gorgeous originality.

Otherwise, a very honest poem. I don't know if this makes sense, but it feels like fresh blood, like a wound, perhaps, just before it becomes infected. It does make me wonder 'Is Hate Contagious?'
hey maria chapter 1 . 8/17/2006
When you remove the bolds/underlines/italics, it's a pretty mediocre poem. Though I did like "all leading up to my b.i.g.g.e.s.t. sin-falling in love/(there’s no place for affection in this fairytale) with a man who won’t ever appreciate me(because what am I but skin and/bones and a cunt?)"
by His blood chapter 1 . 8/17/2006
you just inspired meto go back to my oldformat.

my poetry hasn't been me and i realize it.

this poem ... the raw beauty, the power, the honesty ...

i used to remember how to write like this, but then i stopped because of what some people said. my poetry hasn't been the same. it hasn't been as honest, and ...

this fucking amazing poem just inspired me.

and for that, i thank you.

the poem? ...amazing. fucking incredible. there's not much more i can say.
underoath300 chapter 1 . 8/17/2006
ok, this isn't a review, sry, i just don't do those. my name is Chad Every and I am a Christian. ok, now you are moss deff stereotyping me. just because i am a christian does not mean i don't have angst or go through a lot of hard stuff as well. and yes, i am anti-choice. however, i did not say those other rude things you say i did. so if you're going to try and understand me, please be realistic. the sexist comment was very rude, and not a smart thing to say. i do love God and Jesus but that moss deff doesn't mean i can't write about tough things or horrible things. it's my way of expressing myself. if you'd like to talk to me you can feel free to im me blindside300 or /thewelcomingcommittee
hopefully indigo chapter 1 . 8/17/2006
Email me and I'll email you back with a more in-depth explanation, since your email isn't shown on your page.

marie
if.these.bullets.could.talk chapter 1 . 8/17/2006
Wonderful, once again. My favourite line? "how was Ito know that while I thought I was walking into a relationship, it was really just signing my own slave papers?" That knocked the wind out of me; it definetly relates towards me. Amazingamazingamazing job.

ex oh ex

- Lacey
Random-Idiocity chapter 1 . 8/17/2006
Yea, hate can be contagious at time's.
chocohound chapter 1 . 8/17/2006
Amazing. I love how you put together an entire paragraph, and then there are all the things in parenthesis. My favorite lines were: "so how was Ito know that while I thought I was walking into a relationship, it was really just signing my own slave papers?Tell me you care-I love it when you lie."
diffident chapter 1 . 8/17/2006
At first glance, this is a chunk of congealed italics, bolded words, underlines, and parenthesis. I really can't stand formatting like this-what does it serve, other than to distract and annoy me? (Personal opinion, no offense meant.) But being the open-minded person I try to be, I gave it a read. The words itself are good and if broken into proper stanzas and if frivilous formatting abandoned it would make a lovely poem that would merit a second reading. Maybe I'm just conservative in my poetic formatting, who knows. I dabble in parenthesis but that's pretty much it. Sorry if I'm being an ass though, and feel free to ignore this review.

marie

PS: Hate is only contagious if you give consent.