Reviews for Grim Tales
Phoenix Melantha chapter 3 . 10/2/2006
I actually quite liked this particular Grim Tale, although it was disappointingly short (but you explained about that, so no biggie). I love how you always end the short tales with some sort of "cliffhanger-esque" quotation/phrase. Very satisfying.-Phoe
Alteng chapter 3 . 9/27/2006
This has a very strange ending indeed. It makes me wonder.

Again, you have a character who is rather two dimensional, which is very good for such tales, and I enjoy this one as well. Look forward to the next chapter, and I hope things work out for you.
Indigo Griffin chapter 2 . 9/10/2006
These are strange, lyrical, wonderful, dark, utterly disturbing fairy tales, the kind of stories that a sadistic mother would tell her children before they went to sleep.

They're brilliant.

Just a question, what's with the guy in red? Maybe this has been answered already and I just didn't notice, or something, but he seems to be a common factor and I like to know what's going on.

Update these soon! Indy
Lccorp2 chapter 1 . 9/8/2006
Harr.

T'alnoth of the Gold Flight:

Excellently done. This is the exact sort of thing I love...

I really hope you'll explore the Red Wizard's motivations and beliefs in your main story, though-it would be amazingly enchanting.
Alteng chapter 2 . 9/8/2006
I like how you tie this story in with the first one, and I love your ending. That was truly a different thing to see. I guess the prince had to pay the price of never seeing or hearing beauty to become king. I like how your stories make me think indeed. I also like how the characters are not so bloody pure either.

I see in your two stories the overtones of "The Pied Piper" and the story about Eurydice. I think that is the charming of the dog bit, and the snake did it, too, but I am a morbid person. I also see that story that Charlie Daniels did about "The Devil Went Down to Georgia". It makes me wonder about your red wizard.

All the same, I really like this writing style and your stories.
Alteng chapter 1 . 9/8/2006
I like this writing style you have. It has a true feel of a fairy tale. The death of the king by the insignificant snake often happens, does it not in the tales of legend and mythology. Damn snakes!

The bit about the prince at the end was interesting as well. I did not really see the betrayal coming. I did figure that the king would die. I wonder what the price the prince owes the wizard.
Mosaic Stains chapter 1 . 8/19/2006
First things first, thanks for the review.

Now, as to the story you weren't kidding when you said it doesn't have a happy ending, and nor did it have and unhappy one. It was more similar to an ending that was a start to something else. Which I'm unsure of, since you put it had a few characters from your story, From the Shade of a Dream. I thought about reading that one first, but since this one didn't have any reviews, I wanted to see what it was about. Now that I see, it kind of makes me want to see what you meant by characters from the other story. Especially since the story was interesting in an what's going to happen next way.